By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 has sold 20 Million units in under 6 Months

for a game that comes out every 2 years (MW series).

it is absolutely amazing. This is no once-a-console-gen like MK or NSMB games we are talking about here... this is a game that people know they will probably replace in 2 years, but still decided to fork over the money

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
I remember when we all LOL's at pachter when he said it would do 18 Million in 12 Months

looks like we all got pwnd

Pachter FTW!

Yeah, he also predicted HEAVY RAIN to flop, and Wii HD in 2010! Pachter FTL.

OT: Congrats.

He doesn't deserve the hate he gets.

Dogs > Pachter >>>>>>>>>>>>> Cats >>> Carl2291

Everyone/thing>>>>>>>>>>>>Carl2291

I know you should have made this thread CGI, or EVEN toastboy not carl2291!

MW2 on PS3 is tracking ABOVE halo 3 (just compared their sales using the graph function)

10 Million confirmed?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
I remember when we all LOL's at pachter when he said it would do 18 Million in 12 Months

looks like we all got pwnd

Pachter FTW!

Yeah, he also predicted HEAVY RAIN to flop, and Wii HD in 2010! Pachter FTL.

OT: Congrats.

He doesn't deserve the hate he gets.

Dogs > Pachter >>>>>>>>>>>>> Cats >>> Carl2291

Cats are way bigger then Carl? Oh my  . How the mighty have fallen 

and Avatar was is the highest grossing movie of all time, same shit, nothings new

@hollywood85

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Great, now it'll stay full price for another two years :P

It's impressive that Activision has managed to not only maintain, but actually grow the popularity of this franchise with annual relelases. I'll be interested to see if they can maintain this pace or if shooter fans will eventually get jaded.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I wonder how long it will take until Activison turns it in to the next Guitar Hero.

*never mind*