By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Unaired "Dear Playstation" Commercial (Funny Edit)

Maybe Kevin Butler took that "what you got?" question as relating to health.  And it is NOT a place to ask Mr. Butler if he has a disease or disorder of some sort.

Look at this image, for example:

Hey Kevin, what you got?  Looks like a bad case of panzyism.  But that is between him and the doctor, so I won't press the issue.

By the way, the game in the background looks wrong.  WHY would the game having you boxing with your LEFT hand like that, but your character is beating up your opponent with your RIGHT hand.

Around the Network

That wasn't the whole commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZhPK7IR-qU

richardhutnik said:

Maybe Kevin Butler took that "what you got?" question as relating to health.  And it is NOT a place to ask Mr. Butler if he has a disease or disorder of some sort.

Hey Kevin, what you got?  Looks like a bad case of panzyism.  But that is between him and the doctor, so I won't press the issue.

By the way, the game in the background looks wrong.  WHY would the game having you boxing with your LEFT hand like that, but your character is beating up your opponent with your RIGHT hand.

Technically, in GTA 1 and 2, with the topdown view: pressing the UP arrow didn't make you go up, but made you go straight ahead with the front of your car being the "up" way. It could easily be that they just gave the gamer this perspective and made it easy to just follow the arm, instead of having to switch it around to make sense. Or.... maybe a commercial shouldn't be analysed like that?

papflesje said:
richardhutnik said:

Technically, in GTA 1 and 2, with the topdown view: pressing the UP arrow didn't make you go up, but made you go straight ahead with the front of your car being the "up" way. It could easily be that they just gave the gamer this perspective and made it easy to just follow the arm, instead of having to switch it around to make sense. Or.... maybe a commercial shouldn't be analysed like that?

I am wondering the impact from an immersion factor perspective how that works.  Anyhow, will see.  I am more concerned about Kevin Butler's Panzyism than I am about the hand being wrong.

Nizut76 said:

That wasn't the whole commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZhPK7IR-qU

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:

Pretty sure he was referring to how some people look playing certain games in certain ther platforms in that ad :) A guy who dies in a play doesn't really die....it's called acting...shocking info Inorite? :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

win.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

M.U.G.E.N said:
richardhutnik said:

Pretty sure he was referring to how some people look playing certain games in certain ther platforms in that ad :) A guy who dies in a play doesn't really die....it's called acting...shocking info Inorite? :P

In the keeping with the original post of, "Gee, that isn't the FULL ad" (well DUH), it is "well duh!"  In short, it is FUN to take things out of context.  And note, I did mention KEVIN BUTLER.  I don't believe that is his real name, but it makes for an awesome new part of my sign.  I call the disorder now "panzyitis".

richardhutnik said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
richardhutnik said:

In the keeping with the original post of, "Gee, that isn't the FULL ad" (well DUH), it is "well duh!"  In short, it is FUN to take things out of context.  And note, I did mention KEVIN BUTLER.  I don't believe that is his real name, but it makes for an awesome new part of my sign.  I call the disorder now "panzyitis".

Your right it is not his real name

Kevin Butler (portrayed by actor Jerry Lambert) is a fictional character created by Sony Computer Entertainment as part of their It Only Does Everything advertising campaign for the rebranded "Slim" models of the PlayStation 3. He stars as the Vice President of various fictitious departments within the PlayStation division of Sony, responding to "Dear PlayStation" queries.[1] Due to the positive reception of the commercials, Sony will extend them throughout the rest of 2010.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Butler_%28character%29

Dude, that was fucking hilarious! I'm dying.

PSN ID: KingFate_