By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 vs PS3 stock levels in your region?

360 vs PS3 stock levels in your region?

Europe / SCEE area - 360 more in stock here 47 23.38%

Europe / SCEE area - PS3 more in stock here 30 14.93%

Americas area - 360 more in stock here 83 41.29%

Americas area - PS3 more in stock here 29 14.43%

Asia / others - 360 more in stock here 4 1.99%

Asia / others - PS3 more in stock here 8 3.98%

Total:201

In the coming months Sony and Microsoft will announce how many XBox 360s and PS3s have been sold to retailers worldwide until the end of March 2010.

I was wondering which console has fewer units in stock at retail at the moment, so this poll may help provide some insight with regard to future 'sold to retail' comparisons.

Various times in the past it was claimed the bigger boxed fat PS3 had about 1 million more units on the shelves than 360s, which sounded weird to me (a lot of extra needed shelf /storage space in comparison to the 360).

In my area, Groningen, the Netherlands shops are currently flooded by especially cheap XBox 360 arcade units while there are PS3 shortages.

Update: As of today the situation remains the same. (6 April 2010)

PS3 out of stock at my city's largest console retailer:

Flooded by XBox 360 arcade units:

I guess the PS3 sales will see good gains for the fiscal report ending June 2010 if by then the PS3 is the widely in stock again (US, UK and European countries). The XBox 360 seems to be overshipped, so sales may take an extra drop when stock drops to normal levels.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

Would be nice if you specify the city where you live in the comments.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

MIami, Florida

360 more instock than any other platform including DS/PSP/PS2/WII/PS3

mM

Who voted americas - 360 more?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

My job requires me to travel throughout the Florida region with the exception of Pensacola - I never go there. I always check various stores to see what's going on anectodaly. Stock wise:

PSPGO + PSP 3000>DSi+DSL+DSXL>= 360>>>Wii>>PS3

Around the Network

BTW, looking at equal timeframes. The XBox 360 sold 29.7 million by March 2009 last year, it will be interesting to see how much the PS3 will top this. The PS3 already sold 33.5 million units to retail by the end of 2009.

So despite the PS3 delay for regions while taking equal timeframes and a higher entry pricing, the PS3 will have at least outsold the 360 by 3.8 million units + everything that's been sold in the first 3 months of 2010.

PS3 vs 360 sales

They had so many FF XIII 360's in best buy, along with a load of arcades, there were no wiis, like 5 ps3's bundled with accessories for $420, and a load of DSi/DSiXL, and a load of PSP/PSPGO

mM

@ leo-j

Here 360 arcade units are sold for 111 Euros, while the cheapest PS3 units I came across were 349 Euro PS3 bundles in some toy stores (A little suprised I saw a God of War 3 bundle at a toystore here, that game is rated 18+!).

PS3 vs 360 sales

MikeB's the man

just checked myself looking to get a slim soon but want the 2100A sku

for awhile since Jan it was hard to get slims even harder than wiis now its a bit better but there still the old 2000A sku that have been stocked up at least the store i checked noticed 250gb arent in stock

i voted Americas area - 360 more in stock here b/c all the stores i checked were full of them even the 399$ 360 FF13 bundle wasnt hard to find

Play Me

Nottingham, UK. PS3's are hard to find here in stores- 3 shops I checked on Sunday were totally sold out, the 4th had no 120's but a few 250's (One of which I bought. A worker I spoke to confirmed Sony are having shortages on the 120gig).

There's enough 360's to go around as far as I know.