By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So will the 3DS be considered the first 8th generation console?

So the Gameboy is 4th generation. GBA is sixth generation and the DS is seventh generation. So if the 3DS is a true successor to the DS and not like a DSi then will it be considered the first eight generation console, if not what would count as being the first? a PS3, 360 successor?

Around the Network

3ds is fake

Because...

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=105785&page=1

aus45 said:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=105785&page=1

Oh man so funny, that thread WAS the april fools joke not the 3DS it self, click on the link that says press release.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

@aus 45, the thread is fake
the 3DS have to do more than 3d to be 8th generation type

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

Nintendogamer beat me to it... Damn! 

So the bad news spread all the way to this thread?

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

The 3DS will be the first hand held console in the 4th generation of hand held consoles. The 8th generation will start when the true successor to the 360, Wii or PS3 will hit the market.

Chris Hu said:
The 3DS will be the first hand held console in the 4th generation of hand held consoles. The 8th generation will start when the true successor to the 360, Wii or PS3 will hit the market.

6th. GBC was in its own separate generation, because it had its own separate set of competitors compared to the original Game Boy, and there was a predecessor generation before the Game Boy, involving the Game and Watch and something called the Microvision.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.