By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 > X360 in America this week.. this is new...

aragod said:
kowenicki said:
aragod said:
kowenicki said:
aragod said:
PS3 will win in Europe, every generation it has been the strongest console here. UK is the only country where Xbox360 > PS3 and in eastern europe there is still so many PS2 users who will logically upgrade to PS3 since all their favourite franchises have new iterations there.

For me, Europe and Japan are closed deal. America is much more interesting, XBox's lifespan can be shorter than PS3's. So PS3 can eventually outsell it.

Nonsense.  the US is also a 'closed deal'.  9m would take two years to catch up if they pulled the 360 tomorrow morning.... which they wont.

Others only remains as a viable battlefield.

Dream on. In the end, there will be only PS3. And that NA gap is doable in single year if the 360 pulls out before the PS3. Easy

no... you dream on....  if 360 pulls out then it getrs replaced by a new xbox.  obviously !!

Yes, but the race is obviously between the consoles from the SAME generation. So new Xbox will just start it over, competing with nobody till other manufacturers announce their own pieces.

So, Sony will still keep PS3 in the market while Microsoft has a much superior, next-gen machine? Hahaha. Get over it, guys. PS3 won't last 10 years like Sony says, PS2 kicked for so long just because it was the market leader BY FAR. If Microsoft makes the leap to next-gen, Sony will follow suit, at most within a year.

Around the Network
Miguel_Zorro said:
routsounmanman said:
aragod said:
kowenicki said:
aragod said:
kowenicki said:
aragod said:
PS3 will win in Europe, every generation it has been the strongest console here. UK is the only country where Xbox360 > PS3 and in eastern europe there is still so many PS2 users who will logically upgrade to PS3 since all their favourite franchises have new iterations there.

For me, Europe and Japan are closed deal. America is much more interesting, XBox's lifespan can be shorter than PS3's. So PS3 can eventually outsell it.

Nonsense.  the US is also a 'closed deal'.  9m would take two years to catch up if they pulled the 360 tomorrow morning.... which they wont.

Dream on. In the end, there will be only PS3. And that NA gap is doable in single year if the 360 pulls out before the PS3. Easy

no... you dream on....  if 360 pulls out then it getrs replaced by a new xbox.  obviously !!

Yes, but the race is obviously between the consoles from the SAME generation. So new Xbox will just start it over, competing with nobody till other manufacturers announce their own pieces.

So, Sony will still keep PS3 in the market while Microsoft has a much superior, next-gen machine? Hahaha. Get over it, guys. PS3 won't last 10 years like Sony says, PS2 kicked for so long just because it was the market leader BY FAR. If Microsoft makes the leap to next-gen, Sony will follow suit, at most within a year.

The PS3 launched a full 2 years after the 360.  I think it's a reasonable theory that it will stay on the market for at least 2 years longer.  Also, Sony kept the PSOne on the market for 10 years.  The PS2 is still on the market after 10 years.  I think the 360 will be replaced and phased out of the market within 3 years.  I think the PS3 will still be on the market for another 5-6.

This seems reasonable. The shortages will not last forever and it is completely doable, just Sony will have to continue to hit home runs to overtake the 360 lead in the US.

-- Nothing is nicer than seeing your PS3 on an HDTV through an HDMI cable for the first time.

Well it seems obvious. Not everyone who wanted a PS3 got one last week due to shortages - they bought this week instead, there was enough stock, and therefore the 'normal' weekly sales got a boost from the previous week's delayed sales, taking the PS3 just past the 360.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Miguel_Zorro said:
routsounmanman said:
aragod said:
kowenicki said:
aragod said:
kowenicki said:
aragod said:

The PS3 launched a full 2 years after the 360.  I think it's a reasonable theory that it will stay on the market for at least 2 years longer.  Also, Sony kept the PSOne on the market for 10 years.  The PS2 is still on the market after 10 years.  I think the 360 will be replaced and phased out of the market within 3 years.  I think the PS3 will still be on the market for another 5-6.

Don't forget that PS2 could literally take it's time. It had Dreamcast for competition!

Also, when Microsoft launched the 360, they certainly weren't in the position they are now, nor was Sony. A Microsoft launching a next-gen console 1 year prior now is a much bigger threat.

Finally, don't forget the main selling point of the HD machines : The WOW factor. Even if Sony keeps launching its Uncharteds and GoWs, the graphical and otherwise fidelity of MS's next console will make them obsolete. Not to mention all third parties will easily hop on board MS this time seeing the current gen's software sales.

Next Gen is MS hope? People... there´s no next gen until 2014... so ... does this theme makes sense?

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..

Around the Network
Miguel_Zorro said:
routsounmanman said:
aragod said:
kowenicki said:
aragod said:
kowenicki said:
aragod said:

Actually it was only 1 year later for America and Japan.  1 year and 4 months later in Europe.

Both PS1 and PS2 were heavy market leaders.  That won't happen this time.  Its the retailers that support the machines.  If the Wii2HD and NextBox are released as well as a PS4, they will only keep the Wii along side the new systems because it would have the largest install base and most software selling potential after the new gen started.  Both HD consoles would likely be dropped from retail space within a year after the new console releases.

Silver-Tiger said:

Correction to the correction:

FaRmLaNd said:
Probably more stock. But america is a done deal this gen. The real battlefield is Worldwide.

PS3 has sold more in US several times, But the limited stock here in America is getting better.

PS3 could surpass the 360 on every region except Americas and the UK by the end of the year...

The PS3's console generation will easily last 10 (or even more) years because after 3 years on the market, it just finally got to the same price the PS2 launched at. Now just imagine how both the X360 and PS3 will be selling after they get their next price cuts!