By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resident Evil 4 : HD to hit the PS3 (Move title)???

Garnett said:
pezus said:
Garnett said:
maximus22 said:
Garnett said:
Remakestation 3?

I mean fucking hell. Leave last gen games alone and if people wanted to play them then they would buy a last gen system. They need to focus on this gen games not games that came out 4+ years ago.

"And oft, my jealousy shapes faults that are not."  - Shakespeare.... and Garnett

Yea cause i dont own a PS3....

Stop with remakes and start with the new games and sequels.

Which remakes are you referring to?

There should only be remakes of AAA exclusive games.

Not every single good game on all platforms.

@Xero

We shouldnt be dwelling on the past we should be making new good games.

Point is if it's just RE4HD it's a remastering, not a remake. Which happens to pretty much all great media at some point. You can't stop it, people want it. 

You're all very confused. Only the OP used the word remake, the quote he sourced did not. Only stating that it would be RE4 in HD. Which presumably would be a HD remastering of RE4, most remakes get different names rather than simply HD on the end. Remakes generally get something stupid like Resident Evil 4: Reloaded! or Super Street Fighter 2 HD Turbo Remix.

Around the Network

OMG!!!!!!!!!!

Xero said:
Garnett said:
pezus said:
Garnett said:
maximus22 said:
Garnett said:
Remakestation 3?

I mean fucking hell. Leave last gen games alone and if people wanted to play them then they would buy a last gen system. They need to focus on this gen games not games that came out 4+ years ago.

"And oft, my jealousy shapes faults that are not."  - Shakespeare.... and Garnett

@Xero

Point is if it's just RE4HD it's a remastering, not a remake. Which happens to pretty much all great media at some point. You can't stop it, people want it. 

What would be the point in remastering it in HD? 

Why is everyone so damn excited, it's not like there's already 5 freaking versions of the damn thing. They put it on the iPhone for Christ's Sake!!

Garnett said:
Xero said:
Garnett said:
pezus said:
Garnett said:
maximus22 said:
Garnett said:
Remakestation 3?

@Xero

Because it'd be considered unacceptable in SD on a typically HD system and whilst relatively easy to 'remaster', the HD remastering should significantly effect sales in contrast to what they would have been in SD. Not to mention otherwise the experience would be no different to what the Wii is already able to provide, and what many already have. If it were remastered, a good RE fan would be liable to buy this even if they already own previous versions because of the blatent technical superiority. 

And let's not forget to mention, a HD version of RE4 already exists. It's the PC version. So there would be very, very little for Capcom to do in this case. It looks pretty good too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV1SJ8ISsCc

Around the Network
Xero said:
Garnett said:
Xero said:
Garnett said:
pezus said:
Garnett said:
maximus22 said:
Garnett said:
Remakestation 3?

@Xero

Because it'd be considered unacceptable in SD on a typically HD system and whilst relatively easy to 'remaster', the HD remastering should significantly effect sales in contrast to what they would have been in SD. Not to mention otherwise the experience would be no different to what the Wii is already able to provide, and what many already have. If it were remastered, a good RE fan would be liable to buy this even if they already own previous versions because of the blatent technical superiority. 

And let's not forget to mention, a HD version of RE4 already exists. It's the PC version. So there would be very, very little for Capcom to do in this case. It looks pretty good too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV1SJ8ISsCc

What a waste of money, the game runs fine on a SD tv.

The game wouldnt get good sales because it was already on out 2 other systems and its using the move.

I'd put money on it selling well so long as DS3 support is also advertised. I agree it won't do particularly well if it's move-only.

Yeah I know the storys bullshit, but considering Capcom the chances are high that it will make it's way to the PS3/Move. Especially when they can just copy/paste the Wii controls, and HD textures from the PC version.

Capcom love remakes and rereleases.

KylieDog said:
Xero said:
I'd put money on it selling well so long as DS3 support is also advertised. I agree it won't do particularly well if it's move-only.

I put money on it selling nothing because the story is bullshit.  It is from some sad little man whos horror game websites are all dying.

Kyliedog I completely agree with you about RE 4, but it's gonna sell.It's been hyped too much...They've even said that it's the best game of all time. And I still find it to be shit :P

the game would look like shit upscaled, they need to redo the assets and use the RE5 engine.