By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nomura: FF V XIII NOCTIS IS GAY

leo-j said:

In an interview with Kotaku about Final Fantasy Versus XIII, director Tetsuya Nomura has revealed that protagonist Noctis is homosexual. "I wanted to make this game seem real world, modern, edgy and I feel having an openly homosexual character will help to give it these qualities", Nomura revealed seemingly quite casually when being questioned about the feel of the game and how it would differ from other titles in the FNC compilation.

Nomura also hinted that the game may involve encounters with extra-terrestrials and a covert plot to allow them to colonise the world, using alien-human hybrids as slaves, saying, "The X-Files were a huge influence on me when I was working on plot and story concepts". "Before we had worked out Noct's name we were calling him 'Fox'", he continued, a clear reference to X-Files protagonist Fox Mulder. "Not that I think David Duchovny or Mulder are gay, you know, I didn't take that from the show, I came up with it by myself."

It remains to be seen just to what extent the hit 90s show has impacted on the game, but Nomura's statements seem to indicate that it will be quite significant.

http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/2010/03/31/nomura-kotaku-interview-noctis-is-gay.html

This is some damn good satire sir!

-- Nothing is nicer than seeing your PS3 on an HDTV through an HDMI cable for the first time.

Around the Network

Fake

I hope only the character part is a april fool because the other ideas are great and could make for a good story. The aliens controlling humans part is probably true, the 3 FF13 are in relation to powerful forces controlling humans. This was already reveal by Square, if someone wants the link, ill try to find it.

It would be about time Master Chief too admit it!

Edit: and Kratos too, we all know what excessive machismo usually hids, and that in ancient Greece homosexuality was a common, accepted and reputed socially useful behaviour by upper classes, including army commanders. Just to be unbiased.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

darthdevidem01 said:
RageBot said:
theprof00 said:
DragonLord said:
Hope it's an April Fools joke.

As i hope the part about 360-friendly is

Thats a bit silly.

Why would you want to limit the games audience.

Several Reasons:

1. I want the game to be the best it could possibly be, games like Metal Gear Solid 4 prove that the best games this gen are exclusive, and that's true both for 360 games and PS3 games.

2. Ask yourself what a Japanese developer thinks when he says that he wants to make a game "360-friendly" and realize why I don't want that to happen.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Around the Network

I hope its a April fools joke otherwise i'll cross that off my list.

Frieza isn't much of a male either

mM
RageBot said:
darthdevidem01 said:
RageBot said:
theprof00 said:
DragonLord said:
Hope it's an April Fools joke.

As i hope the part about 360-friendly is

Thats a bit silly.

Why would you want to limit the games audience.

Several Reasons:

1. I want the game to be the best it could possibly be, games like Metal Gear Solid 4 prove that the best games this gen are exclusive, and that's true both for 360 games and PS3 games.

2. Ask yourself what a Japanese developer thinks when he says that he wants to make a game "360-friendly" and realize why I don't want that to happen.

While MGS4 is the best game this gen technically there are more impressive games on xbox 360....you could have atleast said uncharted 2. besides the 2nd & 3rd best games of this gen (FFXIII and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion) are multiplat.

What is 360-friendly? Versus Will be an FPS CONFIRMEDZ?!!!!!!!!!!! roflroflroflorlf

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

*Scratching FFXIII Versus from Wanted list*

FF XIII IS INFERIOR TO MGS4 IN GRAPHICS

mM