By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Unreal Engine 3 for Wii? It's in Development ...

they should just port Unreal 2.5X (UE2.5 optimized for the Xbox, stronger then original 2.5)

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Great for the Wii, I'm going to just keep playing my games on the PC though.

PC Gamer
ssj12 said:
they should just port Unreal 2.5X (UE2.5 optimized for the Xbox, stronger then original 2.5)

Don't worry, I'm sure they know what they're doing ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Why ... really ... the Wii is not a graphics based console , so I dont see the reason for a dumbed down port of the engine :?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

NJ5 said:

Do I remember people saying this was impossible and would never happen?

lol, u just pulled off a leo-j

Around the Network

Until we know whose porting and see actual media I don't think we can judge the graphical capabilities of the portjust yet. Hell even if the developer isn't great it still might surprise us. The real news here is the fact that the Wii might get some new development tools. These tools could (if the developers porting it is willing to share) allow for faster development time, reduction of cost and possibly better looking and better playing games.

Also it is kind of disappointing that people ignore other tools on the market because they aren't as high profile as Unreal but has alot of potential none the less. One I'd like to mention is the Unity engine.

http://unity3d.com/gallery/live-demos/tropical-paradise

Sure it dosen't look that pretty but keep in mind that these people had rather limited funds and its pretty amazing what the engine is capable of considering the price.

Another one to mention is the vicious engine though cautiously because the engine was used for some commericial games and they sucked but judging from the game demo I don't think its potential has run out. Anyway here is a demo of the engine.

http://www.viciousengine.com/media.php

hunter_alien said:
Why ... really ... the Wii is not a graphics based console , so I dont see the reason for a dumbed down port of the engine :?

it might get watered down but if it has SMG graphics then thats fine

ssj12 said:

there doing this because they said alot of publishers wanted it for wii,so i think they know what they are doing

tk1797 said:
Until we know whose porting and see actual media I don't think we can judge the graphical capabilities of the portjust yet. Hell even if the developer isn't great it still might surprise us. The real news here is the fact that the Wii might get some new development tools. These tools could (if the developers porting it is willing to share) allow for faster development time, reduction of cost and possibly better looking and better playing games.

Also it is kind of disappointing that people ignore other tools on the market because they aren't as high profile as Unreal but has alot of potential none the less. One I'd like to mention is the Unity engine.

http://unity3d.com/gallery/live-demos/tropical-paradise

Sure it dosen't look that pretty but keep in mind that these people had rather limited funds and its pretty amazing what the engine is capable of considering the price.

Another one to mention is the vicious engine though cautiously because the engine was used for some commericial games and they sucked but judging from the game demo I don't think its potential has run out. Anyway here is a demo of the engine.

http://www.viciousengine.com/media.php

yeah it is good that wii is getting new development tools

Awesome! This is going to be great!