By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Unreal Engine 3 for Wii? It's in Development ...

We dont know how first party games should have looked like late 2007 if Microsoft didnt kill it. I am not going to get tehnical can nothing about that. Look at God of War 2 looks pretty good to be on a console that launched 2000 that is 6-7 years ago. Xbox survived only for 4 years there is a lot of untaped power.

Around the Network
Yojimbo said:
We dont know how first party games should have looked like late 2007 if Microsoft didnt kill it. I am not going to get tehnical can nothing about that. Look at God of War 2 looks pretty good to be on a console that launched 2000 that is 6-7 years ago. Xbox survived only for 4 years there is a lot of untaped power.

I don't think any sort of tape would have made the xbox perform better...

*(untapped... I'm really not trying to be a dick, I realize that since your profile says you're from Sweden English is probably not your first language)

@leo,

Seriously, just stop, you are making yourself look foolish. 1st year Xbox games have nothing on the Wii.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Red Steel 2. Either that or a game that Gearbox strongly hinted at in this interview: http://wii.ign.com/articles/837/837092p2.html. Both are produced by Ubisoft.

Just kiss the tip.

Zucas said:
masschamber said:
Ign's interview with the Brothers in arms developer seems to imply they are using the Unreal 3 engine for their port
http://wii.ign.com/articles/837/837092p1.html
2nd page first question

I think that's more implying that for future titles they are and that possibly Ubisoft is the one doing it.  Which goes back to my Red Steel 2 probably the game it's being used for.

Trust me it's not being used for this BIA Wii game.  The pics in the game obviously show it's not using it and they wouldn't show early shots like this of it not using it and then surprise us later with it.  Bad marketing. 

Dang it. Maybe I should read the entire thread before I post lol.

Just kiss the tip.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Yea!! Good now we get wii games that compare to XBOX.

Cut it leo. Just because you have been around for a while, doesn't mean you are exempt from the same rules everyone else follows.

No trolling please - if you want to prove this point, try adding some argument/facts to your statement. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Since this is so unexpected, I'll say that the game is Crusin' and those screens and videos are just to hide it from us until they are ready to show the real game. ;)

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

hunter_alien said:
Why ... really ... the Wii is not a graphics based console , so I dont see the reason for a dumbed down port of the engine :?

The point isn't to make the Wii as graphically powerful as the other consoles of this generation. That won't happen.

But let's say you are making a game for 360 and PS3. A graphical monster with the Unreal 3 engine. If you decide you'd like to release a Wii version of the game, the port becomes a lot easier if you can use the same engine on the Wii platform as well. The Wii version won't look as good, but you won't have to redo a bunch of work you've already done.

This is being done for developers who want to produce multiplatform games. It makes it easier and cheaper for them, and makes Epic's engine competitive with the Gamebryo engine (of Oblivion fame), which is also coming to Wii. If Epic doesn't port Unreal 3 over to Wii, the Gamebryo engine will be the natural choice for developers who want to release a game on all 3 platforms.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

"It's their own port, in the same way Ubisoft brought Unreal Engine 2 to the Wii."

Are the porting the engine, or porting a game that's made on U3E? If it's the latter, it does narrow it down. Could even be Last Remnant, since it's S-E's first major multiplatform game that I remember. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

endurance said:
routsounmanman said:
That would make it Not So Real 3 engine :/

unreal and not soreal basically mean the same thing(almost)

you people are no fun...