By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The best value on the Virtual Console has been released: Ogre Battle 64

Square Enix made games for N64?

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

@ Khuutra:

I like to kill every enemy on the map. Once a unit's leader is killed, the pawns take off with beads of sweat racing from their brow. So if I chase them, I'll always attack them from behind. You're saying that lowers my CF?

That would suck. :(

Kenology said:
@ Khuutra:

I like to kill every enemy on the map. Once a unit's leader is killed, the pawns take off with beads of sweat racing from their brow. So if I chase them, I'll always attack them from behind. You're saying that lowers my CF?

No, it does not do that. Capturing towns lowers your CF.

I never played it but I've always heard good things about it. May get it soon.

I havent played any Ogre Battle games, should I start with this one or the SNES one?

Around the Network

it's N64 week for me... bought perfect dark (xbla), gonna get this, and I guess i'll finaly actually buy paper mario... I bought a points card just for it but never got arround to do it.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

KungKras said:
Square Enix made games for N64?

Enix was a separate company from square.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

O-D-C said:
I havent played any Ogre Battle games, should I start with this one or the SNES one?

This one, though certain elements of the ending only make sense if you know about the final battles from the SNES one. This one is much friendlier to newbies, and also has more of a cinematic presentation. Plus it has the Hugo Report, which chronicles different concepts and events throughout the game so that even if you ge confused, you can keep up with everything that's going on if you're willing to read.

Kenology said:
@ Khuutra:

It's a little tricky to keep straight, so I sympathize. Attacking from behind risks lowering the attacking unit's alignment, which doesn't directly affect your CF. However, since liberating towns (instead of capturing them) requires a unit of the proper alignment, it might not be healthy to drive all your unit's alignments into the ground by attacking retreating units.

One solution is to get a chaotic jerkface like Diomedes to finish off those pesky cowards and preserve the virtue of your more noble units.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
Kenology said:
@ Khuutra:

It's a little tricky to keep straight, so I sympathize. Attacking from behind risks lowering the attacking unit's alignment, which doesn't directly affect your CF. However, since liberating towns (instead of capturing them) requires a unit of the proper alignment, it might not be healthy to drive all your unit's alignments into the ground by attacking retreating units.

One solution is to get a chaotic jerkface like Diomedes to finish off those pesky cowards and preserve the virtue of your more noble units.

There used to be a definitive guide for what affected alignment, but it wasn't on GameFAQs. I'm going to go try to find it.