By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 software will be on top of the 360 until the holidays come in.

De85 said:
Xero said:
FastFord58 said:
Xero said:
Crackdown 2 won't. Most people that bought Crackdown one bought it for the Halo beta, or in the bargain bin. It was a popcorn game, entertained (although quite well) only for a day or two. I expect Crackdown 2s sales to be lower than Crackdown 1s considered it doesn't include a Halo Beta this time.

MS will beat Sony on Halo Reachs release though, up until whenever GT5 is released, and won't see top software sales if GT5 is released before Halo Reach.

Did you even play crackdown or are you just citing some nonsensical anecdotal experience? The first one was superb and definately not a "popcorn" game that only entertained for a day or two.

Sadly I have. You can speedrun the entire story mode in 30minutes... this creates the very definition of a popcorn game. Admitadly with the collectables it was able to entertain me for as I say, 2 days (probably about 12hours), I played it through to standard completion and got 400~ of the 500 collectables, completed most extras. Never got 100% of course, but unless your that type of guy Crackdown 1 will only hold you for at max a week. 

http://profile.mygamercard.net/chronojoe if you don't believe I played it. I actually did story mode twice. Once in singleplayer and once in co-op. 

Why in hell would you ever speedrun a sandbox game?  That completely defeats the purpose.  If you're playing it just for story mode you're platying the wrong type of games...

That's a pretty weak defense. A lot of sandbox games have a large focus on story so for games like GTA a speedrun wouldn't completely defeat the purpose, and if you actually played Crackdown it has challenges for speedruns (I'm sure you have played it, but likely simply ignorant). 

Around the Network
bugrimmar said:

Without the new releases, PS3 software is still above the 360.

It should be noted that the only PS3 software that outranks 360 titles are software that came out two weeks ago and were some of if not THE most anticipated games of the year for the PS3 in the countries that the games came out in.
Every week will not see the most anticipated game of the year come out for PS3.

You don't see such fails everyday

Even if you subtract all of the GOWIII sales the PS3 still pushed more SW this week than the 360. .

week ending march 27, ps3 software beats 360 software again by a large margin, despite just cause 2 releasing with sales in favor of the 360. so far i'm right.

Around the Network

I don't get it why people care so much about this?
I bough game that didn't even sell 200k worldwide but hey I enjoyed them a lot :P
who the fuck cares?
just play your game

lolage said:
I don't get it why people care so much about this?
I bough game that didn't even sell 200k worldwide but hey I enjoyed them a lot :P
who the fuck cares?
just play your game

This is a video games Sales website. That's the whole point of this place genius. There are a million other video game websites that don't revolve around video game sales. Go there if talking about sales bothers you. 

None of those games are Hugh, Splinter cell, is coming to PS3, crackdown 2, will do ok, nothing special, Alan Wake, ounce again will do Ok, 360 big game this year is Reach, So I agree with this Thread, This is taking nothing away from the 360, I own one and love it, I just don't see these 3 games putting up large numbers, The only pure 360 exclusive I see putting up large numbers is Halo Reach, Then Sony has some more big ones this year to , Socom 4, Maybe Killzone 3, and Res 3, maybe even Infamous 2 , another ff , and we know PS3 has GT5, coming, Uncharted 3 is in development too, So this years E3 will tell us a lot, But its going to be hard to out do Sonys upcoming game line up, The new Call of Duty will put up good numbers on both consoles, Medal of Honor will put up good numbers on both, It will be intresting.

I'm still correct. Week ending April 3, 2010, PS3 software is still way ahead of the 360.

Told ya so.

sega4life said:
badgenome said:
bugrimmar said:
They will, but just for the first week. After their first weeks, ps3 SW will be on top again.

So, PS3 software will be on top except for the weeks that it isn't? Good prediction!

Pissed my self with laughter... yep, pissed all over myself while laughing hysterically!

POFL!!*

* pissing on floor laughing:P