By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 software will be on top of the 360 until the holidays come in.

That is, until the first weeks of the upcoming 360 exclusives. But after those respective first weeks, PS3 should come out on top of the software race once again. Reason being:

360 SW this week: 1.756 million
PS3 SW this week: 3.356 million

God of War 3 + Yakuza 4 = 1.486 million

PS3 SW - God of war 3 and Yakuza 4 = 1.870 million

Without the new releases, PS3 software is still above the 360. And of course, God of War 3 is going to continue to sell. Upcoming 360 exclusives aren't going to blaze the trail like crazy, and will not be enough to pull SW ahead until Halo Reach and Natal come out.

edit:

4 weeks in, I'm still correct. Next week, 360 will be on top. But the week after that, PS3 will be on top again.

Around the Network

So neither Splinter Cell, Alan Wake or Crackdown 2 will be enough for the 360 to sell more SW in a week than the PS3?

Good luck with that

They will, but just for the first week. After their first weeks, ps3 SW will be on top again.

bugrimmar said:
They will, but just for the first week. After their first weeks, ps3 SW will be on top again.

So, PS3 software will be on top except for the weeks that it isn't? Good prediction!

... PS3 software will be on top except for the first weeks of Splinter Cell, Crackdown, and Alan Wake. Only 3 weeks until the holidays.

Around the Network

Oh, now I see what you mean. But I think you're wrong, FF13 and Heavy Rain should lower soon enough, bringing the 360 back on top (it will still be a tight race though).

No, I give it a week or so and the the 360 will be on top again.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

What other exclusive releases has the PS3 got coming up? All I can think of is Modnation Racers, Eye Pet and Ar tonelico 3. Unless God of War 3, Final Fantasy, Heavy Rain etc can keep up really good legs I don't see how PS3 will stay above the 360 until the holidays. Though, multiplatforms have really started to do well on the PS3 so I could be wrong.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

badgenome said:
bugrimmar said:

So, PS3 software will be on top except for the weeks that it isn't? Good prediction!

Pissed my self with laughter... yep, pissed all over myself while laughing hysterically!

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Crackdown 2 won't. Most people that bought Crackdown one bought it for the Halo beta, or in the bargain bin. It was a popcorn game, entertained (although quite well) only for a day or two. I expect Crackdown 2s sales to be lower than Crackdown 1s considered it doesn't include a Halo Beta this time.

MS will beat Sony on Halo Reachs release though, up until whenever GT5 is released, and won't see top software sales if GT5 is released before Halo Reach.