By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter 3 Tri will be a bigger system seller than SMG 2

Monster Hunter 3 Tri will be a bigger system seller than SMG 2

Yes 26 47.27%

No 22 40.00%

*Blue shells vonboy for bad mouthing mario* 7 12.73%

Total:55

I don't think smg 2 will move any hardware, it's a sequel to a game that might have sold millions, but also did not move hardware either. i think monster hunter tri will for sure not outsell smg 2, but move hardware instead. there are people out there buying a wii just for this game.

agree? disagree? want to have my head mounted on your mantle?

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

Around the Network

I absolutely agree about SMG2 but i think none of them will be a system seller.Nintendo fans already have a wii and other console owners won't buy a wii for one game(MH3) when their console has a lot more to offer on this genre.
I am sure both will sell a lot(by it's one's standars) but won't move hardware.

Are you serious?

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

I'm sure MH3 will move hardware, maybe not much (considering it isn't even sure if it'll pass 1m in the west) but will move some surely. On the other hand the audience for Mario is already on Wii: but I think that a game which can sell 10m can also move hardware. Look at Yakuza 4: it sold little more than Yakuza 3's firts week but moved 20k PS3s.

I seriously think SMG2 will outsell the first one, but anyway will move some hardware, probably more than MH3, but it depends on MH3's sales, which I hope will be better than expected.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

i 100% agree with you, SMG2 will interest wii owners only IMO. I have a sneaky feeling MH3 will sell alot more in the west than what people are expecting. Nintendo in the last few years have become masters at marketing.

Around the Network

I agree that MH3will increase sales, purely because i know many people who were not interested in the wii until i showed them MH3

its gonna be a massive hit

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

I think SMG2 will ultimately end up moving more Wii's than MH3.

Bah!

I don't know if MH3 will be more of a system seller than SMG2 in absolute terms, but it is definitely more of a system seller among the "hardcore" crowd that already owns one or more consoles, as I keep seeing comments saying "I bought a Wii just for this game" from people who own other consoles, something I have almost never seen for any other Wii game.

[Added] But in absolute terms - don't forget there will probably be a respectable ad campaign for SMG2, and I am certain that some of the people seeing these ads will be non Wii owners who will say "hey this looks like fun" and be swayed to get a Wii. So SMG2 will also move hardware, and actually among people more amenable to geting a WIi (a lot in the so called "hardcorez" crowd may be more resistant due to the way they view the Wii and/or sometimes peer pressure, issues that do not exist among the more mainstream crowd).  [/added]

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

MH3 will move hardware,but, SMG2 will sell more.

Depending on whether Monster Hunter 3 fizzles or not, but i think if it catches on it'll definitely be a good hardware mover. It's a completely unique experience both on the platform, and on home consoles in general in this entire generation. The question is if it's compelling enough to warrant purchases.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.