By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I found a solution to wii 3rd party problems!

RolStoppable said:
Demotruk said:
If there were demos, I'm willing to bet less people would have bought The Conduit..

This.

Demos for third party games on the Wii would actually hurt sales in most cases. People buying the cat in the bag is one the saving graces for third parties.

That may have been true in the beginning (up to a year ago or so), but personally I believe that now it is hurting sales sine a lot of people probably became warry of buying new games at full price after getting burned.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
toastboy44562 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
toastboy44562 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Nintendo's making money, so they shouldn't change anything.

true, but they could always raise the price of the wii. Adding 50 dollars to the price tag again and adding an HDD I think would help them in the long run...

It was sarcasm. That's an idea I feel like I get a lot from Nintendo and some of their fans.

Nintendo should have implemented this idea years ago.

agreed, however this could have had a bad effect too, it could have stopped a lot of shovelware from selling. (So that would hurt 3rd party sales)

Didn't you just say in your original post that you wanted this idea?

Yes, the idea of demos will ensure that quality games sell better (3rd party), however it will make shovelware games sell a lot worse. (Also 3rd party) so I'm not sure if it would just even out. Am I explaining this right? If not I'll try to say it in a different way

Overall, yes, I do want it done because it will make sure higher quality games sell better, giving more talanted Devs more money to creat good products...

I think if ppl got to demo Mad World & The Conduit before buying, the sales would actually be lower.

More advertising will in turn increase sales.

What's with all the Wii demo/DLC talk all of a sudden?

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Demotruk said:
If there were demos, I'm willing to bet less people would have bought The Conduit..

LoL. Was thinking similar things.

Here's the solution for third parties: Make better games. Simple concept.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

The solution is for third parties to make the games that are hits on other systems, and not take out the things that make them hits.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Hmm. You are asking 3rd parties to put in more effort to create Wii demos in addition to the actual games?.............Good luck with that.

The only reason you saw Wiiware demos is because those games weren't even 50MB.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
Hmm. You are asking 3rd parties to put in more effort to create Wii demos in addition to the actual games?.............Good luck with that.

The only reason you saw Wiiware demos is because those games weren't even 50MB.......

Funny you should say that...I could picture some doing that actually.  Putting a lot of effort into demos so that people are fooled into buying mediocre games.  
@toastboy: I liked the panda better.  (That was you, right?)  

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Having more demos would definitely get more people interested in certain games, but I'm not sure it would be a significant change. There are still a good portion of Wii owners that don't even have online, or at least don't hook their Wii up online.

Nintendo need to get their online service ready for the next generation, it's falling behind way to fast in that aspect.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752