By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I found a solution to wii 3rd party problems!

While I have personally wanted demo's since the GameCube I don't think it would solve third parties problems. Would demo's increase sales? Yes and no. Titles like RedSteel2 and MonsterHunter might see improvement due to the quality of the software but titles like MadWorld would loose massive amounts of sales who would buy that crap after playing a demo?

In the end I would love to see demo's it would force third parties to make better software for the Wii. But I doubt Nintendo will give us demo's I think the Wiiware ones were released due to a lack of sales and Nintendo wanting to promote its online network! Nintendo doesn't believe in demo's unfortunetly.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

I don't disagree with you. Demo's is not a bad idea. Help promote games for the bad or good. I just find alot of 3rd party games don't utilize the wii to its fullest potiential and i mean using the motion controls. The conduit was just another 1st person shooter. It had alot to compete with. The game had to have something different in it to make it better than other 1st person shooters. Its wasn't bad playing with the wiimote. I didn't mind playing it. Mad world should of got more attention. Very fun game. No more heroes used the controls well. Everything with the wii is with the motion controls. When the 3rd party games are designed the motion controls should be the first thing discussed.

Server?Hdd? has anyone ever heard of demo discs?

yeah i agree, I think demos would be great

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

freebs2 said:

It's more cumbersome, but it could work in this case. I remember they packed a demo disc in with launch copies of Mario Kart Double Dash, and i bet they could just distribute the discs to GameStop or other retailers just like they have, just cram a couple hot upcoming titles on there which they have chosen to cross-promote (and thus only the titles worthy of such promotion in the first place)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
freebs2 said:

It's more cumbersome, but it could work in this case. I remember they packed a demo disc in with launch copies of Mario Kart Double Dash, and i bet they could just distribute the discs to GameStop or other retailers just like they have, just cram a couple hot upcoming titles on there which they have chosen to cross-promote (and thus only the titles worthy of such promotion in the first place)

They could also have added demos into their multi-million sellers games like kert wii, resort, NSMBW.....in this way they could deliver them to a wider audience, without additional distribution costs.

Arius Dion said:
Demotruk said:
If there were demos, I'm willing to bet less people would have bought The Conduit..

LoL. Was thinking similar things.

Here's the solution for third parties: Make better games. Simple concept.

Not really, look @ No More Heroes 2.  PPL need to know the game exists.