By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

09tarheel said:
Is anybody playing online right now, I"m trying to find somebody to play level 2 quests with, specifically the Gobul one. My info was posted on the front page, and I'm an American player. So if you want to just add my info and send me a message through the game.

Gobul is causing me a lot of aggravation as well. I have no clue how any of this online stuff works though.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

I been playing for a bit when would you guys say its a good point in the game where you can take a chater online?

Smash ID: Jski - 0559-6620-9873

Add me if you wish but PM me if you do.

Jski said:
I been playing for a bit when would you guys say its a good point in the game where you can take a chater online?

I think you can go on whenever, online I've definitely played with people who had no played any of the single player mode yet.

bought both this and NSMBWii, I will put in tomorrow. I played NSMB Wii today.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

@dib8rman those online quest were fun. killing the Great Jaggi never gets old. and the giant parrot thing was also fun to take down. Did you guys notice that royal ludroth that was coming near us during the qurepeco hunt. did that giant parrot call that thing because it sorta just showed up and then left. Rathian freaking destroyed me but it was still fun to fight

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX

Around the Network

Can this game close loopholes?

My story is that i was trying to basically cheat my way through the "Monster Guts" mission at level one, by just going out and killing some Epioths, getting some Monster Guts on my own time, then entering the quest and turning it over in under 15 seconds. I got the three monster guts, but when i returned to the village it said "returning quest items" and the Monster Guts were gone, and i had to do the quest naturally

The thing is, i swear i got away with this with Kelbi Horn, where i had already had a Kelbi Horn that i was able to supplement with others.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

No i did the kelbi horn quest that way too just make sure you got them on you when you get the mission. But i was doing this mainly becuse you got to stun them to get there horns but if you kill them you cant get there horns and i was sadly using a bowgun and not know how to stun i would just simply kill them so i had to swich to sword and sheld to land the stun and get the horns but not during the quest. Now i need to find 3 gold fish no idea where to get thoughs as of yet but i may end up doing the low end quest in that "cheating" way. (also i am going to give up on bow gun for now and use sword sheld till i get to long sword from there i am not sure i just love the idea of using the gunbow for support)

Smash ID: Jski - 0559-6620-9873

Add me if you wish but PM me if you do.

RolStoppable said:
I already get annoyed by this game. Played for hours and it doesn't feel like I am getting anywhere. Then I got beat up by the Great Jaggi because I didn't bring any of my own healing items to the quest. Up to that point the game was really on the easy side. Also, I have to take another look at all those weapons/armors I can buy/create, I don't think that would hurt. Have been fighting with pretty much the same equipment for a long time, but since the game was easy I didn't really bother.

You should stick with a weapon type until you get really confortable with it. Specifically for Great Jaggi, you don't need to bring Potions or anything with you on the mission, you just have to evade; a lot. Also, use either the Lance or the Shield & Sword to bring it down. At the start of the battle, just take your time, just evade and watch its movements. And never kill the little ones, focus on the big guy.

RolStoppable said:
I already get annoyed by this game. Played for hours and it doesn't feel like I am getting anywhere. Then I got beat up by the Great Jaggi because I didn't bring any of my own healing items to the quest. Up to that point the game was really on the easy side. Also, I have to take another look at all those weapons/armors I can buy/create, I don't think that would hurt. Have been fighting with pretty much the same equipment for a long time, but since the game was easy I didn't really bother.

it gets harder, took me close to 80 hours to complete the single player in the JP version because I was experienmenting and farming a lot, now that I'm playing the NA version again, I'm pretty sure it'd have taken half the time, but I lost count awhile ago because a lot of my play time are online now.

Jski said:

you can take the character online naked if you wish.