By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

hentai_11 said:
blunty51 said:

All the time i spent farming monsters for low rank armor felt like a waste now....they don't mean squat in high rank. Never thought I'd be happy with an Alloy armor (plus)

I know what you mean. However the low rank armors are not a total waste. It's usually easier to upgrade the rank of a low-rank armor than to build the corresponding high rank plus armor. (No wyvern stones or other rare stuff needed for the low-rank upgrade.)

Dam u need wyvern stones and all for upgrading high rank armor? Geez. As if hard and heavy armor spheres weren't bad enough

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
morenoingrato said:

I kinda startd to like it, I shouldn't have judged it for the painfull first 7 hours, online rocks

It's very much an online game.  Mind you, there's one enemy who only appears at the very end of the offline section, which confuses me to no end...

Well I guess they *had* to keep something exclusive to the offliners.

Mr Khan said:

That went well, but now its like i have to start from square one again. But i've gotta spam Pecco either way, so hopefully i'll get some Wyvern Stones in the process

I should focus on this before Diablos, though. It can only help me back there...

lol when i saw diablos appear yesterday during peco, i instantly remembered your rants...and lol'd. We played a peco before you came in too, and in that one deviljho decided to pay a visit. In low rank I would have entertained these guest appearances but one hit from these guys and I would be almost dead. Don't think hatter was too pleased with me kinda running away and stuff.

I'm having a blast now. I still get tad anoyed for how hard to get good weapons and armors is, but I'm happy for now, I don't need anything I don't have.

It also feels extremly rewarding.

I think the only online issue though is the fact that in order to get to new awesome quests, and to join many, you have to redo those anoying collecting quests, and no one wants to help. And they're even harder because there are even more mushrooms to collect.

As of now, it's a solid 9.0 for me.

morenoingrato said:

I'm having a blast now. I still get tad anoyed for how hard to get good weapons and armors is, but I'm happy for now, I don't need anything I don't have.

I think the only online issue though is the fact that in order to get to new awesome quests, and to join many, you have to redo those anoying collecting quests, and no one wants to help. And they're even harder because there are even more mushrooms to collect.

I don't think you have to do any of the collection quests to advance online.  They're there, but you don't have to do them.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:

The really annoying thing for me when i started was the fact that this guy (or gal) had to strike a superman pose or rub his tummy ecstatically without realizing there's an obviously huge fucking world of pain bolting in your direction.

stop posing and run fothermucker!!

Soriku said:

So I actually started doing some online quests and I'm up to HR 8. Having trouble with my Barroth urgent since it has more HP but I'm gonna try to get a new water hammer. That might help me with Rathalos too. If that doen't work I'm just gonna have to ask for help.

Btw, my offline 5* quests don't seem to be advancing for some reason. I still have Rathalos and Diablos to fight but aren't those optional? And I got the Ancient Mask from behind the waterfall already. Am I supposed to beat Rathalos or something?

Also I tried Festival of Fear alone for the lulz. Well, I managed to make a hole in Jhen...

After offline 5-Star, you need to beat the last boss to unlock the last set of quests.  It's made clear when you're going to fight the final boss, so if the option isn't available you probably need to beat one or both of those unfinished quests to advance.

blunty51 said:
Mr Khan said:

That went well, but now its like i have to start from square one again. But i've gotta spam Pecco either way, so hopefully i'll get some Wyvern Stones in the process

I should focus on this before Diablos, though. It can only help me back there...

lol when i saw diablos appear yesterday during peco, i instantly remembered your rants...and lol'd. We played a peco before you came in too, and in that one deviljho decided to pay a visit. In low rank I would have entertained these guest appearances but one hit from these guys and I would be almost dead. Don't think hatter was too pleased with me kinda running away and stuff.

It wouldn't have been bad if one of us had had Sonic Bombs. Diablos is easy to avoid or just defend against (just really hard to kill), except for the burrowing. I've learned to run like hell from the burrowing if i can't stop it.

noname2200 said:
Soriku said:

So I actually started doing some online quests and I'm up to HR 8. Having trouble with my Barroth urgent since it has more HP but I'm gonna try to get a new water hammer. That might help me with Rathalos too. If that doen't work I'm just gonna have to ask for help.

Btw, my offline 5* quests don't seem to be advancing for some reason. I still have Rathalos and Diablos to fight but aren't those optional? And I got the Ancient Mask from behind the waterfall already. Am I supposed to beat Rathalos or something?

Also I tried Festival of Fear alone for the lulz. Well, I managed to make a hole in Jhen...

After offline 5-Star, you need to beat the last boss to unlock the last set of quests.  It's made clear when you're going to fight the final boss, so if the option isn't available you probably need to beat one or both of those unfinished quests to advance.

I think it's Diablos that is required, and Rathalos and Barrioth that are optional. I've done everthing except Diablos and still don't have Ceadeus opened.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Soriku said:

Btw, can someone explain how this online thing works. I mean, for example if I want another person to go on a quest with me, how does the game know that? I know when you take the quests online it asks for the number of players and also a password. Is it that if say I'm just playing with one other person, we both set the number of players to 2 when we take the same quest? Or is it just the first person who takes the quest? So after that we'd both leave and we'd be on the same quest? Also what's that password for?

You and any other potential quest participants have to be in the same City. You sign up for a quest at the counter (just like offline where the colored tag appears above your head), and then other people in the city can sign up at the quest board next to the counter.

The password (i imagine, i've never seen it used) is when you want to keep other people in the city out of your quest. I would think it's rather pointless, because the quest-initiator has so much power over the quest otherwise, it's kinda hard to let unwanted people in, especially since no-one else can join once you've embarked.

You can set the number of players also as a way of excluding people, which is again, a little pointless, since you and the people you want with you can just leave without all quest members (it's easier to make the mistake of leaving quest members behind, actually, which i've both seen happen, and have had happen to me...), though setting a limiter on the number of players might (and don't quote me on that, as i have no idea what i'm talking about on this point) alter the strength of the monster. A quest intended for four might have a monster that can reasonably take a beating from four players, though i'm only speculating that because its one of the few ways such an option would make sense.

Long story short: password and player limits might be pointless, other people sign up for quests you initiate, but once the quest is embarked, you're stuck with those players, only quest with those in city (limit of 4)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Yeah, monster strength is unaffected by the number of players.  Which is unfortunate, because they're too much for one player, and too little for four.