By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGC Official Monster Hunter Tri Thread

I feel a bit smug after nailing the Rathalos first time offline... saying that I had done him quite a lot online already... ;)

Just a few more now!

Need to get online rank up to 31 as been at 30 for an age due to not playing for a couple of weeks.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Around the Network

I just had some horrible luck

Apparently i have to host the quest in order for me to proceed to 31. I tried 4 time afterwards hosting the quest but we keep getting booted out coming down to the end. It was incredibly annoying. It was as if the gods aren't ready for me to reach greatness. I've waited long enough why are they doing this to me?? I'll have to try in the morning when the servers are less crowded or something. Oh btw, fuck you capcom.

I'm in a rotten mood myself, but its Diablos-oriented (what else)

He's definitely part of the broken 4, monsters Capcom never should have conceived if they had any clue at all about how to design a playable game. My guess is there's one idiot designer who conceived them, too. Rathian, Gigginox, Rathalos, Diablos. Utterly incomprehensible. Physics breaking (especially Gigginox with her ability to bend all physics to her whim). Game Breaking (Rathalos and Diablos and their "i'll follow the in-game rules when i damn well please" and Diablos' ability to make this game's laughable hit detection even more hilarious). Wiimote breaking.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

^^ Lol wut ?!

If your having trouble with diablos, sonic bombs really help. I used to spam them till i got used to how he plays. The barioth lance is pretty much the best weapon to use against him (i think) so if you can make that you should be able to take him out no problem.

Anyway, i was wondering which of these longswords is better over the course of a fight:

Dancing Flames - raw:429 fire:350 affinity: 15% no slots    final upgrade - raw:561 fire:480 affinity:20% no slot

Wyvern Blade 'Fire' - raw:495 fire:290 affinity: 0% 1 slot    final upgrade - raw:627 fire:360 affinity:0%  1 slot

Most of the time i will be using full LR lagi (element up) with critical eye  1 gemmed in. I also try to keep my weapons and armours skills appropriate for the monster i am fighting so i will probably only use it for r.ludroth, g.baggi, gigginox (maybe, i use the djinn half the time) and lagi. I need a shield for barioth lol.

So which one is the better weapon for me ?

note : dont factor in how hard each weapon is to make, if i can get a rathian plate in LR (farmed the hell out of that mofo, damned  desire sensor) i'm sure i'll be able to get the mats i need.

In my opinion Twilight Princess is better than Ocarina of t... * gets shot *

L1nkToTheFuture said:

^^ Lol wut ?!

If your having trouble with diablos, sonic bombs really help. I used to spam them till i got used to how he plays. The barioth lance is pretty much the best weapon to use against him (i think) so if you can make that you should be able to take him out no problem.

Anyway, i was wondering which of these longswords is better over the course of a fight:

Dancing Flames - raw:429 fire:350 affinity: 15% no slots    final upgrade - raw:561 fire:480 affinity:20% no slot

Wyvern Blade 'Fire' - raw:495 fire:290 affinity: 0% 1 slot    final upgrade - raw:627 fire:360 affinity:0%  1 slot

Most of the time i will be using full LR lagi (element up) with critical eye  1 gemmed in. I also try to keep my weapons and armours skills appropriate for the monster i am fighting so i will probably only use it for r.ludroth, g.baggi, gigginox (maybe, i use the djinn half the time) and lagi. I need a shield for barioth lol.

So which one is the better weapon for me ?

note : dont factor in how hard each weapon is to make, if i can get a rathian plate in LR (farmed the hell out of that mofo, damned  desire sensor) i'm sure i'll be able to get the mats i need.

Sonic Bombs help only when Diablos chooses to let them help. You're entirely at his mercy there, much like Rathalos with flash bombs

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

Sonic Bombs help only when Diablos chooses to let them help. You're entirely at his mercy there, much like Rathalos with flash bombs

I'm sure sonic bombs work all the time if you time it correctly and if he's not in rage mode. Your right about the flash bombs though.

In my opinion Twilight Princess is better than Ocarina of t... * gets shot *

I said I hated the game before (and somehow I still do), but jumping online staright into the action, or playing arena mode either alone or with a friend with all equipment and stuff ready is kinda fun

however the single player is too tedious to me

Soriku said:

lol is Rathian really broken? I managed to both beat and capture Rathian without failing the quest. Even in the arena it's not that bad. I haven't tried Rathalos yet but it just seems like Rathian 2.0.

Gigginox is definitely hax though, but it's not THAT bad either. Most of the time it's because of his poison and I didn't have a way to block against that when beating him.

Right now I'm trying to beat Barrioth. Looked at my equipment (full Rhenoplos) and realized it's not that good anymore. I could just upgrade it but I've decided to get full Lagi and I'm almost done.

Poison-tail to eating combo is broken. She's much more comprehensible than her partner, but still horribly overpowered for when you're supposed to fight her.

Mostly her ability to interfere with other quests, too. Rathian and Diablos? Some sadist out there dreamed it up, because it happened.

Barioth armor is actually best for Barioth, funnily enough. High Ice res being a given, but it also comes with Cold Res and Evasion Plus, which i like because i favor dodging against him (one of the few bosses where that really works). Though Barioth i felt was the easiest to adapt to outside of Great Baggi