By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hey Reggie, Sony Says “It’s Over” PS Move Is The Future

nightsurge said:
Lafiel said:

@ nightsurge )

not going to mention the z-achsis?, headtracking?

btw the PS Eye has a multiarray mic as well, so you can cross that from your list unless you say, that the PS Eye doesn't matter in an Eye Toy vs Natal comparison

and "expert calculation software" ? sorry, but that sounds like 100% PR

The z-axis is something.  I'll give you that.  Guess I never noticed it before but that's the advantage of the stationary camera in Move.

As for the software thing, I just didn't know what to call it.  It's the software behind Natal that makes it amazing.  Allows it to keep track of all those points and make sure it can match any human movement.  The software can even ignore background objects/noise, ignore people walking or moving in front of the character, calculate positions of body parts even when not fully visible by Natal.  Its an amazing and complex piece of software that is available for all developers and makes Natal such an advanced motion tracking device.

My PS Eye blocks all sound coming from my game. That's why I prefer to use it instead of my official headset. The software behind that is no doubt on the PS3 not the Eye but it works in all of my games so what does it matter? If devs can write games for the PS3 that can produce the results you've mentioned, I don't think that little feature of natal makes much of a difference.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
nightsurge said:

The z-axis is something.  I'll give you that.  Guess I never noticed it before but that's the advantage of the stationary camera in Move.

As for the software thing, I just didn't know what to call it.  It's the software behind Natal that makes it amazing.  Allows it to keep track of all those points and make sure it can match any human movement.  The software can even ignore background objects/noise, ignore people walking or moving in front of the character, calculate positions of body parts even when not fully visible by Natal.  Its an amazing and complex piece of software that is available for all developers and makes Natal such an advanced motion tracking device.

Yea, I agree that the interpretation of the data captured by the 2 cams is the key to Natal functionality and is very impressive indeed. I hope they managed to make all those calculations run fast enough, so that there is not much input lag.

nightsurge said:

Yea, I agree that the interpretation of the data captured by the 2 cams is the key to Natal functionality and is very impressive indeed. I hope they managed to make all those calculations run fast enough, so that there is not much input lag.

This vid and the comments on the vid is the reason why I'm happy that humans are mortals.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=1991132&page=2&postnum=7