By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hey Reggie, Sony Says “It’s Over” PS Move Is The Future

Carl2291 said:
nightsurge said:
MakoInfused said:
Mumby said:

Are there still people telling me the Project Natal did not copy the Eye Toy?
*note* I am certainly not a PS fan, but we have to be honest here.

This is kinda true...
Natal = PSEye improved
Move = Wiimote improved

OT:
...cmon

Only problem is:

Move = same experiences with no real added bonus other than video overlay and HD compared to Wii.

Natal = full body 3D motion capture + standard rgp capture + multiarray mic + expert calculation software while PSEye/EyeToy can only do 2D tracking based on color/size changes and has no advanced calculation software to help it out.  Oh and lets not forget that Natal can work in the dark while EyeToy needs some pretty good lighting conditions.

Why are you never so quick to show the differences between Wii Remote and PS Move?

OT:
Lulz

You mean the Video Overlay which I mentioned, and I guess Move's ability to use 2 remotes combined and the built in mic?  What else is different in their experiences and capabilities?  Both are 1:1, both have a remote + nunchuck type deal, both offer/will offer a very simlar sports package.  Sure they use different hardware methods (although its mostly where the camera is located since both use a camera).

I guess I see far more differences in the capabilities and experiences and hardware when it comes to Natal vs EyeToy than Move vs Wiimote.

Around the Network

@ nightsurge )

not going to mention the z-achsis?, headtracking?

btw the PS Eye has a multiarray mic as well, so you can cross that from your list unless you say, that the PS Eye doesn't matter in an Eye Toy vs Natal comparison

and "expert calculation software" ? sorry, but that sounds like 100% PR

Siko1989 said:
Wyrdness said:
First that Black Baron fella shows up on Youtube initiating a massive vendetta between him and PS3 fans now this clown shows up on the other end of the spectrum, seriously surfing the net can be like travelling through a circus at times.

thaBlackBaron is God hes funny as hell lol

Ofcourse he's funny as f**k but he's still a clown.

nightsurge said:
Carl2291 said:
nightsurge said:
MakoInfused said:
Mumby said:

This is kinda true...
Natal = PSEye improved
Move = Wiimote improved

OT:
...cmon

Only problem is:

Move = same experiences with no real added bonus other than video overlay and HD compared to Wii.

Natal = full body 3D motion capture + standard rgp capture + multiarray mic + expert calculation software while PSEye/EyeToy can only do 2D tracking based on color/size changes and has no advanced calculation software to help it out.  Oh and lets not forget that Natal can work in the dark while EyeToy needs some pretty good lighting conditions.

Why are you never so quick to show the differences between Wii Remote and PS Move?

OT:
Lulz

You mean the Video Overlay which I mentioned, and I guess Move's ability to use 2 remotes combined and the built in mic?  What else is different in their experiences and capabilities?  Both are 1:1, both have a remote + nunchuck type deal, both offer/will offer a very simlar sports package.  Sure they use different hardware methods (although its mostly where the camera is located since both use a camera).

I guess I see far more differences in the capabilities and experiences and hardware when it comes to Natal vs EyeToy than Move vs Wiimote.

You mean you're way more biased towards Natal than you are towards Move and the Wii.

There, fixed.

DirtyP2002 said:

I really like the fact that he mentioned pricepoints as a plus for the PS3, because Move is under $100 and the Wii is $250...

He forgot that the Wii is actually $199 and the move is just a controller for $100. The console is still $299

welll the bundle it's 100$

u know wiimote+nunchuck(60$)+wii motion plus(30-40$) it's about 80-100$

guys move can do, facerecognition, voice recognition,  and have multiarray mic too.

actually it even have a better CMOS sensor than natal,

Around the Network
Lafiel said:

@ nightsurge )

not going to mention the z-achsis?, headtracking?

btw the PS Eye has a multiarray mic as well, so you can cross that from your list unless you say, that the PS Eye doesn't matter in an Eye Toy vs Natal comparison

and "expert calculation software" ? sorry, but that sounds like 100% PR

The z-axis is something.  I'll give you that.  Guess I never noticed it before but that's the advantage of the stationary camera in Move.

As for the software thing, I just didn't know what to call it.  It's the software behind Natal that makes it amazing.  Allows it to keep track of all those points and make sure it can match any human movement.  The software can even ignore background objects/noise, ignore people walking or moving in front of the character, calculate positions of body parts even when not fully visible by Natal.  Its an amazing and complex piece of software that is available for all developers and makes Natal such an advanced motion tracking device.

Hynad said:
nightsurge said:
Carl2291 said:
nightsurge said:
MakoInfused said:
Mumby said:

This is kinda true...
Natal = PSEye improved
Move = Wiimote improved

OT:
...cmon

Only problem is:

OT:
Lulz

You mean you're way more biased towards Natal than you are towards Move and the Wii.

There, fixed.

Lol if only that were true.  It would make arguing a lot easier, wouldn't it?  Rather than try to be civil and respond to my questions or arguments, just shout BIAS and it's case closed! 

I already saw Lafiel's post and agree there were some things he mentioned I had not thought of as differences between the 2 yet.

Motion controls start when Sony says so.

Wyrdness said:
Siko1989 said:
Wyrdness said:
First that Black Baron fella shows up on Youtube initiating a massive vendetta between him and PS3 fans now this clown shows up on the other end of the spectrum, seriously surfing the net can be like travelling through a circus at times.

thaBlackBaron is God hes funny as hell lol

Ofcourse he's funny as f**k but he's still a clown.

hahaha Yep

People, the market is going to look at it like this:

Do I buy a wii for 200 bucks along with 3 extra controllers which will run me 400 or 500 dollars total, or just buy a (less than) $100 starter pack Move device for the PS3 I already own? Pretty obviously going to choose the PS3 Move, as long as they keep up with the software. This is what people in my situation will be thinking (people who own a PS3 but no Wii).

It doesn't really matter if the Move is a "copy" of anything else, because nobody cares about that when they are looking at something on the racks of a retailer. None of you should care either. Heres an example of a copcat situation:

If Dante's Inferno was an awesome game that mopped the floor with everyone else, nobody would care that it "copied" God of War (which to be honest it did). The only reason that people care about it's copying is because it did it poorly.

This relates to the Move situation because the Move looks to be a capable controller whether or not it copied anybody. It can stand on its own. Nobody can say anything bad (or good, really) about it gameplay-wise because nobody has played games with it yet. To say that it's a useless product simply because it "copied" other devices is foolish. Nobody cares that Golden Puffs are exactly the same as Golden Crisp because the Puffs are cheaper. The same situation applies to the Move. It has its own merits, even though it does similar things to the Wii.

I survived the Apocalyps3