By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - England eliminated for Euro 2008, Russia goes instead!

ioi said:
Wow, might be some bans tonight

You better don't check the other trhead about this 

Around the Network

I believe I heard it years ago as an idea to improve English football, I was searching for the rule and found this site that offers the same solution.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire/content/articles/2007/11/15/steve_coppell_interview_feature.shtml

Hey wiki is FAST.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_UEFA_European_Football_Championship_qualifying

" Euro 2008 will be the first European Championships or FIFA World Cup since Euro 84 not to feature any teams from the British Isles. "

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

I think the top 3 Nations that have the best chance are Italy, Turkey, and Spain........as a sleeper team to watch out for, Romania is playing some serious football man......Look out for Turkey as well, great young players.

Well, i guess Modric will be going to Chelsea rather than Arsenal...

I was hoping russia would lose so we could return Gus Hiddink to his rightfull thone here in Australia.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
BengaBenga said:

Of course Holland is going to win the EC, we have Marco van Basten the worst coach in Dutch history with the best qualification results.
Sarcastic?

In my opinion Holland great soccer players but way to much problems to win matches. (Come on 1-0 lost against Belarus).  Hope that they play better against bigger teams.

Yeah, Holland has some great soccer players like v. Nistelrooy, Edwin v der Sar, Clarence Seedorf, Wesley Sneijder, Robin v Persie, V der Vaart etc...

But the problem is (im Dutch btw) we have a coach who, no matter what, wants to stick to the 4-3-3 plan (they way Cruijf ment it) and, although we have the best win-loss results in the last years... We always had weak (a.k.a not in the top 10 of Europe) opponents which we had trouble in beating (Luxemburg vs Netherlands 0-1 for example)

And Marco v Basten just has to go... What WE need is Foppe de Haan (Dutch coach of jong 'Oranje' the Dutch team for guys till 19 years old)...

Guus Hiddink is doing great though... But we don't need the guy... I believe he already coaches the Dutch ones!

THE NETHERLANDS

flukus said:
I was hoping russia would lose so we could return Gus Hiddink to his rightfull thone here in Australia.

U mean Holland?! That's his RIGHTFULL thone!

THE NETHERLANDS

Altho Hiddink eliminated us in the first round of last World cup (last game - draw with australia), i'm glad we helped him this time. I only hope he will return the favour one day...

We now have russian invasion on Croatian forums, they're all registering just to say thanks and that they will support us too on Euro. Guess we just got ourselves more supporters, and hope for cheaper gas :)