By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii 1080p HD is FINALLY HERE!!!!

Shonen said:
Yeeeeey .... i dont even have a HD TV but its good for those who has one ...

what? why? it's going to end up looking worse.

You cant make 480p resolution output look good in 1080p, it just isnt possible without another video card. even then, the naive textures are more than likely in 480p or less on the disc anyway.

Wii looks best on a SD tv, this isn't going to make any improvement at all. if anything, things will look notably worse. 

Around the Network

This is a total waste of money. The PS3 upscales PS2 games (BC ones anyway), and you know what? They still look like PS2 games.

This will probably just make the games look worse, you can't magically change 480p to 1080p.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

lol what an overblown thread title.

Damn gonna have to buy this after I buy my Wii disc re-winder, download some more RAM for it and make sure I have a quality gold plated HDMI cable.

's gonna be sweeeeet.

Around the Network

I would like to see high res video /screen shots of this because I would think that it would actually look worse than simply presented in 480p.

Wouldn't this just smooth out the graphics for HDTVs? Isn't getting rid of jaggies a good thing? People are so quick to hate on things without all the info. I saw a thread about a Sony receiver doing the same thing and it made Twilight Princess look nice in 1080p.

xeroxm3 said:
Wouldn't this just smooth out the graphics for HDTVs? Isn't getting rid of jaggies a good thing? People are so quick to hate on things without all the info. I saw a thread about a Sony receiver doing the same thing and it made Twilight Princess look nice in 1080p.

It really depends on the quality of the scaler, which is why I said I would have to see high res pics / video to compare.

superchunk said:
xeroxm3 said:

It really depends on the quality of the scaler, which is why I said I would have to see high res pics / video to compare.

I wasn't targeting you specically or anything, but to me I think this sounds like a cool accessory. The $75 price tag seems a bit high if it doesn't eliminate jaggies though. If this really made Wii games look smooth like on a SDTV it would be worth it however I have my doubts. I'm gonna have to look for impressions somewhere.

any pictures of what it would look like???

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.