jarrod said:
Gilgamesh said:

Let's look at it this way:

PS3 - 11

DS - 8

PSP - 5

Wii - 3

X360 - 3

Wow the X360 has just as much anticipated games then the Wii?

Well, it's all a matter of scale.  Just those 3 Wii titles will probably outsell all 13 PS3 and 3 360 games combined, which brings a bit of perspective.

Less games is more you say.

No, I'm saying we're not dealing with equal variables and you can't really do a 1:1 comparison.  1 Dragon Quest isn't worth 1 Metal Gear for example, it's really worth 5 of them.

This is most wanted games, not most selling games. All I see is people want 11 PS3 games and 3 Wii games.

And I know there games not even on that list that will outsell these PS3 GAMES, but that's off topic.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Soriku said:
Carl2291 said:
Final Fantasy VII: Remake obviously isn't getting enough interview time from Square Enix.

Final Fantasy XIV is surprising.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII... Awesome

Dragon Quest X will be the huge. I hope it gets released on 3DS!

You want DQ X on the 3DS rather than a console (not going to happen anyway. Maybe 3DS will get DQ XI)?

Play DQ VIII and repent for your sins. You will know that being on a console is better for DQ scale wise.

DQV was amazing

I doubt DQ8 is better.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@jarrod

will DQX really outsell FF Versus XIII, MGS Rising & GT5 combined?

THis is assuming FF Versus XIII performs similar to main FF titles.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

TWRoO said:
Gilgamesh said:

PS3 - 11

DS - 8

PSP - 5

Wii - 3

X360 - 3

It (X360) usually has more titles then Wii in these lists.... they are not representative of much, in the same way that the VGC Most Wanted is only representative of this website, the Famitsu Most Wanted is only representative of a small selection of their magazine readers.

But this is Famitsu...Japan. Vg Chartz is Mostly Western. Wii Japan, X360 America...

Don't you think the Wii owners deserve more then 3 good games, or 3 games that people want to play I should say.

psrock said:
jarrod said:
psrock said:
jarrod said:
Gilgamesh said:

PS3 - 11

DS - 8

PSP - 5

Wii - 3

X360 - 3

Well, it's all a matter of scale.  Just those 3 Wii titles will probably outsell all 13 PS3 and 3 360 games combined, which brings a bit of perspective.

No, I'm saying we're not dealing with equal variables and you can't really do a 1:1 comparison.  1 Dragon Quest isn't worth 1 Metal Gear for example, it's really worth 5 of them.

This is most wanted games, not most selling games. All I see is people want 11 PS3 games and 3 Wii games.

And I know there games not even on that list that will outsell these PS3 GAMES, but that's off topic.

Well actually we have votes too, so the 1:1 is still unecessary and a bit misleading.  Best measure of this list would be...

• People want 3,650 PS3 games
  • People want 3,060 DS games
  • People want 1,593 PSP games
  • People want 1,482 Wii games
  • People want 570 360 games

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@jarrod

will DQX really outsell FF Versus XIII, MGS Rising & GT5 combined?

THis is assuming FF Versus XIII performs similar to main FF titles.

Being generous for the games and putting them at what their last mainline entries sold...

DQX ~4.2m (DQIX)

FFvsXIII ~1.9m (FFXIII)

GT5 ~1.2m (GT4)

MGSR ~800k (MGS4)

TOTAL ~3.9m

psrock said:
jarrod said:
psrock said:
jarrod said:
Gilgamesh said:

PS3 - 11

DS - 8

PSP - 5

Wii - 3

X360 - 3

Shouldn't most wanted games also be most selling games? If people want a game, they would buy it, right?

I mentioned earlier in the thread that iirc NSMB Wii was not even on the list when it was released (at least not on the list at all a month before it's released). Yet it outsold the #1 most wanted game on the list at the time which was FFXIII. Based on this "list", NSMB Wii is actually not wanted by the gamers but yet it ousells all the competitions by a large margin. Perhaps more PS3 owners reads and votes in Famitsu than any other consoles in Japan? who knows?

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

i think FF14 is gonna be exclusive to the PS3 and PC in japan.
It will definitely be released to the Xbox 360 in NA but not japan.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Gilgamesh said:
TWRoO said:
Gilgamesh said:

PS3 - 11

DS - 8

PSP - 5

Wii - 3

X360 - 3

It (X360) usually has more titles then Wii in these lists.... they are not representative of much, in the same way that the VGC Most Wanted is only representative of this website, the Famitsu Most Wanted is only representative of a small selection of their magazine readers.

But this is Famitsu...Japan. Vg Chartz is Mostly Western. Wii Japan, X360 America...

Don't you think the Wii owners deserve more then 3 good games, or 3 games that people want to play I should say.

You obviously didn't understand.

All this is is a survey of a small, and not representative number of people. Here on VGC the Most Wanted seems to show 4-5 times as many people want Wii or PS3 games over X360 games, even though this is the West where the X360 is more popular.

The only people the Famitsu Most Wanted is useful for is the same set of people that voted.

Gilgamesh said:
TWRoO said:
Gilgamesh said:

PS3 - 11

DS - 8

PSP - 5

Wii - 3

X360 - 3

It's a bit flawed though for example the's no Metroid or Last Story on the list but we have The Last Remnant on the list, it's not an acurate representation of what you were trying to put across, games like FFXIV as well may turn out to be a good MMO but I'm willing to bet that most people buying XIV will be on PC like with XI.