By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamestop threatens customers with Xbox kill bugs

theprof00 said:

"I had a good scam back at College Fest where MS was giving out free copies of viva pinata, mass effect and some others. I went to gamestop a few months later and started "returning" them in one by one at different stores for full credit."

yea I bet you can also buy a device that puts the shrink wrap back on the game to sell it as new too. ffs if you take the shrink wrap off they consider it used and trade in value is instantly half price.

Around the Network
ameratsu said:
disolitude said:

Has anyone ever seen anyone cool working at gamestop? Like anyone you'd actually listen to if they tried to give you advice? I didn't think so...

Makingmusic works at one. However, I agree that makingmusic isn't cool or worth listening to. :P

Maxwell and Zucas too. Bunch of lame people.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

heywoodjablome said:
theprof00 said:

"I had a good scam back at College Fest where MS was giving out free copies of viva pinata, mass effect and some others. I went to gamestop a few months later and started "returning" them in one by one at different stores for full credit."

yea I bet you can also buy a device that puts the shrink wrap back on the game to sell it as new too. ffs if you take the shrink wrap off they consider it used and trade in value is instantly half price.

i wonder how much those things are on ebay.

@theprof00

I just checked. the crappy ones range from $30 to $60(but probably all you need)
better ones are like $100-$200
and then the huge ones that you dont need are over $1000

heywoodjablome said:
@theprof00

I just checked. the crappy ones range from $30 to $60(but probably all you need)
better ones are like $100-$200
and then the huge ones that you dont need are over $1000

Oh man, I bet I could buy used games on Ebay or craigslist and trade them in for full value....... #needtofigurethisout