By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Xbox 360 Slim be the end for PS3

add a blu ray in it and it might be. But that is not going to happen :P

Around the Network

I don't think it will make MUCH of a difference.
Sure they will sell well, but the PS3 is at a sweet spot with 299.
If they need to a drop to 250 it will make this a "non issue" as KB would put it.
Plus "It's Official: PS3 Has The Best Library Ever" http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178474
I think everything will be juuuuuuuuuust fine

| Sony Bravia 52" LCD | Sony Bravia 5.1 System |

| 20" iMac | 13" MacBook | M17X Alienware Gaming Laptop |

| 120GB Slim PS3 | 80GB Fat PS3 | 250GB Xbox 360 | Wii | PSP Go |

I was sayin it before, so I sat it again: MS pull the trigger to sony when they drop box to 99/59. And people saying it'd be impossible are forgetting four things:
a) how deep ms pockets are
b) how cheep made xbox hw is
c) big money coming to them from amazing sw sales, Live and accessories
BIG D) how methodical and insisting MS is at killing their competition: ps to them is just like another netscape ;)

Coronalex said:
If they need to a drop to 250 it will make this a "non issue" as KB would put it.
Plus "It's Official: PS3 Has The Best Library Ever" http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178474

Before you go posting that link around too much, consider that Lair is on that list of "Gold" games.  It got a Famitsu score of 34/50 whic is above the 32/50 needed to be on that list.  Remember that Famitsu is a Japanese hype meter.  Their ratings are based, and they have admitted, largely on how much the game is anticipated.  The only reason the Wii is way low on that list is because of all the shovelware.

Also, if you actually read the numbers, Famitsu may have given a greater percentage of PS3 games a "gold" ranking, but they gave more 360 game gold rankings in total number, than they gave PS3 games, 77 PS3 games to 104 360 games.

So, first, Famitsu is a poor measure of game quality.  Second, if you are going to post a link to numbers, make sure you read them first.

I give that post a 9.1.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

when xbox released the hd dvd drive to compete with ps3's bluray, look how that turned out.
the elite + the release of the 250 gig hdd for xbox is all an xbox gamer really needs.

Around the Network

it will be too late for the x360 by the time it's slim edition comes out, ps3 would have taken too much ground, so no it will not kill PS3, but x360 won't die either

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

yes. i believe that with the release of a 360 slim, sony will stop making and selling the ps3 slim all together and they will say "oh snap! they got us!"

but seriously no not at all. it would take a miracle to knock a company out of the console race altogether. MS and sony lost so much money on their console hardware and their companies are not really phased at all

Profcrab said:
Coronalex said:

Before you go posting that link around too much, consider that Lair is on that list of "Gold" games.  It got a Famitsu score of 34/50 whic is above the 32/50 needed to be on that list.  Remember that Famitsu is a Japanese hype meter.  Their ratings are based, and they have admitted, largely on how much the game is anticipated.  The only reason the Wii is way low on that list is because of all the shovelware.

Also, if you actually read the numbers, Famitsu may have given a greater percentage of PS3 games a "gold" ranking, but they gave more 360 game gold rankings in total number, than they gave PS3 games, 77 PS3 games to 104 360 games.

So, first, Famitsu is a poor measure of game quality.  Second, if you are going to post a link to numbers, make sure you read them first.

I give that post a 9.1.

Wow, even posts are being rated now a days are they ?

This whole fanboy scene has hit a whole nother level.

This argument could be endless, after all, we are going by other peoples opinions.

BUT going by what you are saying, the PS1 is much better than the 360

PS1 (130/2645)

360 (104/240)

Is that right ?

The whole point of this was to say "on average" which ones have a higher rating, not "who has the most".

I would have thought that was obvious... Maybe it's just me

| Sony Bravia 52" LCD | Sony Bravia 5.1 System |

| 20" iMac | 13" MacBook | M17X Alienware Gaming Laptop |

| 120GB Slim PS3 | 80GB Fat PS3 | 250GB Xbox 360 | Wii | PSP Go |

These threads are retarded, MS has there fans, PS3 has there fans, If MS comes with a 360 slim, and a price drop , fine they still have natal that will be expensive, Now PS3 will also be doing a price drop, and has PS move dropping with a good price tag and lots and lots of support. Both Sony and MS have great exclusives dropping also, Sony will be just fine, and MS will also be just fine, Who knows who will win this dumb ass console war, But both will continue to sale very well. Sony still gives the biggest bang for your buck with , free online gamming, built in Bluray player, built in Wifi, Blietooth, web browser, standard harddrive. So with all of that , KZ3 , res 3, GT5 , Infamous 2, Socom 4, another FF, Uncharted 3 , Ps move with tons of games and support, Sony will stay on fire. both Sony and MS offer the very best in gaming in my opinion , and offer the best games , bar none, so one may sale more then the other, but they will both do very well.

shouldnt this be in a 360 forum?

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad