By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Xbox 360 Slim be the end for PS3

HaHaHaHaHa funny Troll!!!!

No way in hell is the 360 going to be the end of the PS3

Around the Network

one word, NO
and thats coming from an xbox fan

$150 for a RROD experience vs $300 for a machine that does everything....hmmm.....I think I'll take the PS3.

@OP

Got to be the most naive thing I have read this year! Well done, TROLL!

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

@Nizut76

"Everyone cries PS3 copies wiimote with move so why does everyone think its the best idea for microsoft to copy sony and make a slim?"

Very well put! M$ whole game platform business plan was and still is based of SONY's. It is true what SONY said last year, that M$ has a major case of envy problams. A great sign of weekness indeed.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Around the Network

I reckon a slim and price cut in September this year would have a similar effect to the 2008 price cut. So 360 sales, ignoring the first few weeks up by ~ 20% PS3 sales down such that total PS360 sales are constant

Also, Nizut76 - I'm pretty sure Sony didn't come up with the idea of making technology smaller :P Gameboy pocket is the earliest gaming console related example I can think of, but I'm sure there are others

no. it would be just another element of the back and forth battle. also, I'm not convinced that the notion of a 360 slim means anything - I don't think the console has the association that a slim is automatically better. What would matter for 360 is a price cut, whether current model or a new one.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Both consoles are supposed to last 10 years.. First off, Dvds will not be used much by then..

Second of all, as cliche as it sounds, I think graphics enhancements over 10 years on the ps3 to overwelm the 360..

And as you have already seen, exclusives on ps3 are far superior already in 2010, this is why microsoft is using natal to grab the Wii fanbase and cutting prices.. The product will not last as long as PS3 and they will release a new console well before Sony.

Thank you

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

It might help keep 360 sales on their current track, but I don't expect PS3 sales to decline significantly as a result. From this point on, barring some sort of catastrophe, I don't see either the 360 or the PS3 destroying each other. We are already 5 years past the 360 launch and serious rumblings about the next MS console should start this year or next year (at the latest). Slim models for the PS3 and 360 will continue to be sold into the next generation at lower price points and they are just gearing up for that now. The Wii will continue to be the big winner of this generation while MS grew its market share and Sony lost some of its. Overall though, it doesn't appear that it is going to be "the end" for any of the 3 players of this generation. The next generation is anyone's ballgame, though.

I give this thread a 9.1.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

jhuff394 said:

Both consoles are supposed to last 10 years.. First off, Dvds will not be used much by then..

You think DVD will be gone in 5 years? DVD outsells BluRay 10:1 today.

Second of all, as cliche as it sounds, I think graphics enhancements over 10 years on the ps3 to overwelm the 360..

The difference is not as big as the difference between Xbox and PS2. The Xbox was the graphical better console last gen and it did not help.

And as you have already seen, exclusives on ps3 are far superior already in 2010, this is why microsoft is using natal to grab the Wii fanbase and cutting prices.. The product will not last as long as PS3 and they will release a new console well before Sony.

Best selling exclusive last year: Halo ODST
Best selling exclusive 2008: Gears of War 2
Best selling exclusive 2007: Halo 3

PS3 had some nice games last year with Uncharted or Killzone2 but they failed to grow as big as a Halo or a Gears of War. They were great games, but not as significant as other franchises in this industry.

Thank you

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...