By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sony on Nintendo 3DS. 8 and 9 year olds don't want 3D.

In an interview with IGN, SCEA's Director of Hardware and Marketing John Koller said the company is only focusing on the 3D console space right now.

"Our focus on 3D right now is on the console," he said. "There's a tremendous amount of opportunity on PlayStation 3 with 3D. The amount of interest in 3D from the retail side and game publishers is off the charts. We know we have a hit with 3D on PS3 and we're going to concentrate our efforts there."

Koller also questioned today's announcement of the Nintendo 3DS, saying he wasn't sure if there is a market for 3D handheld gaming with a younger audience.

"I think it remains to be seen where Nintendo goes with 3D on a portable," he added. "Having been in the portable space for quite awhile, I think it's an interesting move but one I'd like to see where they go from a demographic standpoint. 8 and 9 year olds playing 3D is a little bit of a stretch given where some of our research is right now."

Source: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1079408c.html

Translation: We'll copy this and claim we paved the way for 3D.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

I remember them saying almost the EXACT same thing about touch screens when DS came out. XD They're hilarious. I wonder how long 'till they announce a 3D PSP. We all know it's going to happen.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

A. already posted

B. title misleading since thats not what they said

C. They already have 3d ps3... how are they copying nintendo? The natural progression would be to have a handheld after the console that THEY introduced to the market.

Trolling at its best

Does this tread Even need to be made there already a disscussion about this in the sony reponse thread. Can a mod please close this if it can be.

I think you are taking this a bit out of context to make it seem more negative than it is. Also, sony will pave the way for 3D gaming, when the ps3 gets 3D this spring. But thats neither here nor there.

I recommend everyone dodge the flamebait and head to this thread http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=104894&page=3 where a civil discussion is being held.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
leatherhat said:
I think you are taking this a bit out of context to make it seem more negative than it is. Also, sony will pave the way for 3D gaming, when the ps3 gets 3D this spring. But thats neither here nor there.

I recommend everyone dodge the flamebait and head to this thread http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=104894&page=3 where a civil discussion is being held.

ty.

It's become like a law of the universe. Anything Nintendo comes up with will be mocked and criticized, then shortly thereafter be copied and praised.

havent people learned...
Nintendo PAVES the way...nintendo is going to discover another blue ocean seeing how the touchscreen/motion sensor ocean is now, if not by next gen, a red ocean.

hello how are you.

Argh. I really wish Sony would cut the pretentious BS sometimes. I don't mind them taking inspiration from Nintendo (copying, really), but they at least shouldn't insult them before doing it. It's just ridiculous.

another flamebait thread, another lock.