By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Responds To Nintendo 3DS Announcement

Severance said:

Jeez, why is 99% of the threads since the move was announced are all like this =s.
you guys need to relax and get away from the computer stop ripping your hair and drink a cup of tea.

F THE TEA =p

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
miz1q2w3e said:

The 2 charts combined looks to back up sonys statement of the demographics. Maybe not their statement that those demographics wont play it. That remains to be seen. Maybe 5 years after 3ds launches and we see similiar charts.

Hilarious nintendo fans craying over an accurate statement. lol

**you mean the statement that talks about how (almost) nobody is going to get the new 3DS because "8 and 9 year olds" getting 3D is such a crazy idea

**in what way?

Reading comprehension for the lose!

Only one in this thread who understands the quote so far is zarx. LOL thats pathetic... maybe you guys do understand but want a reason to whine.

nice response...

**everyone else is wrong but you two are the only ones who have the correct opinion?

your VG$ tells me i'm wasting my time arguing with you. well, good day

dtewi said:
You're one to talk Cheebee, you're derailing this thread with your Ace Attorney talk.

OBJECTION! Khuutra started that. Unless you show me evidence to the contrary, I deny everything! Besides, it was just 1 post, how is that derailing, mister? It's not like I posted 10+ pages of quotes within quotes within quotes, and endless arguments back and forth.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

kowenicki said:
radiantshadow92 said:
kowenicki said:
why do I see sony fans in a few stories and threads on here really having a go at the 3DS?

whats the problem guys?

are you talking about me?

no i just see a general movement against this for some reason in a few places on here....

Who are you talking about? because I haven't seen this movement you speak of, how can PS3 fans be against something they have no idea about, all we know it does some form of 3D without glasses. That's it.

What I find funny is how so many are 3D fans suddenly when they spent months talking bad about it.

I want to see the DS, i want to see if this is a gimmick or is it a poewrful device I would finally see my self keep. A powerful DS with Mario is tough to compete against, so I would love to see Sony's answer as well. I really expected a PSP2 before a new DS. But I think the IPhone has scared Nintendo.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
theRepublic said:
theRepublic said:

The 2 charts combined looks to back up sonys statement of the demographics. Maybe not their statement that those demographics wont play it. That remains to be seen. Maybe 5 years after 3ds launches and we see similiar charts.

That's what you are getting from this?

The demographics of the 360, PS3, and PSP are far more narrow than the demographics of the DS

But he said nothing of the sort. You people just take things way out of context and like to make it seem this guy raped your dogs

So, implying that the demographics of the DS are narrow is accurate?  When both graphs have disproven it?  When it is the most widely appealing handheld in history?

lol he said nothing of the sort!

Then tell me why this was brought up.  You yourself said it was an accurate statement, and now you are denying such a statement even existed.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

RE: Kids and 3D

My kids (4,6,7) absolutely LOVE 3D stuff and have asked repeatedly why they can't watch stuff at home in 3D.

Sony is just back peddling to its investors as to why Nintendo has once again beaten them to the next requirement in gaming.

Also, considering Sony's push for 3D TVs using the active shutter system (which I despise), Nintendo is one-upping the idea with the far more realistic approach of no glasses.

Khuutra said:
radiantshadow92 said:

thank you, that was a great post which showed me the error of my ways....but its all relative, and i still think that poll isnt to be taken seriously....

There is no defensible reason for you to dismiss that graph now. The only reason you coul do it now is because it doesn't fit your worldview, which is frankly too bad.

The point has been proven that the implication concerninng the DS's demographic (which was your point even if the PR had nothing to do with that) is fallacious. That's all there is.

Owned again?

radiantshadow92 said:
Severance said:

Jeez, why is 99% of the threads since the move was announced are all like this =s.
you guys need to relax and get away from the computer stop ripping your hair and drink a cup of tea.

F THE TEA =p

you can F it wherever you like just stop arguing!!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

miz1q2w3e said:
miz1q2w3e said:

**you mean the statement that talks about how (almost) nobody is going to get the new 3DS because "8 and 9 year olds" getting 3D is such a crazy idea

**in what way?

Reading comprehension for the lose!

Only one in this thread who understands the quote so far is zarx. LOL thats pathetic... maybe you guys do understand but want a reason to whine.

nice response...

**everyone else is wrong but you two are the only ones who have the correct opinion?

your VG$ tells me i'm wasting my time arguing with you. well, good day

Come on man. You are showing how little you know. There is no opinion in my posts. So how can I have the correct one? Your quote tells me I'm wasting my time on you since you cant seem to grasp the simple english language. Also, looks to me zarx is a DS fan so its not like i'm picking sides here. Just reporting on the ignorance I see

huaxiong90 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
huaxiong90 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
huaxiong90 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Cheebee said:
PEOPLE!

Let's stop derailing the thread.
Everyone and their grandma knows DS appeals to a wide demographic, probably the widest ever across all videogame related machines. And definitely to a much, much wider audience than, say, PSP, for example. If one or several individuals don't want to hear that, so be it. Too bad for them, but let's stop trying to convince them with endless arguments, because we all know it's no use talking to brick walls.

Let's all just move on.

i would if people stopped making me look retarted with thier posts..i mean cmon "grasping at straws" ...i really hate it when someone calls someone else an idiot when that idiot is just trying to back up thier reasoning..

*Sigh*

Did I call you an idiot? No.

Look...basically I'm just surprised why you're denying the fact that the DS has strong appeal to adults too. I mean, the charts are there for you to see. I mean, milkyjoe just saved me some time.

did i say you called me an idiot? but stuff like "grasping at staws" sure makes it look it *other users maybe, dont remember who*.....im not saying that it completly doesnt appeal to adults, but i am saying that those charts dont prove it does

Ok, fine. What will prove it to you then?

do you really care that much...look ill admit it, the ds has a large demographic...seee, its not that big of a deal, just angers me when people try to make me look stupid when i have my own reasons for something...i mean there is no way to prove the real demographic of the ds, unless  all ds users were taken into account, and i dont think thats gonna happen...so noone is REALLY right or WRONG here

All right look:

Yes, I admit I was rude with my response, and I apologize. But are you telling me you weren't expecting a debate to ensue following your comment? It's pretty debatable, man.

thank you. i was totally expecting a debate. I love debates ^_^...and it really is quite debatable, and its because there is just virtually no way to prove someones argument in this case =p