By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Responds To Nintendo 3DS Announcement

theRepublic said:
Max King of the Wild said:
theRepublic said:
theRepublic said:

The 2 charts combined looks to back up sonys statement of the demographics. Maybe not their statement that those demographics wont play it. That remains to be seen. Maybe 5 years after 3ds launches and we see similiar charts.

Hilarious nintendo fans craying over an accurate statement. lol

That's what you are getting from this?

The demographics of the 360, PS3, and PSP are far more narrow than the demographics of the DS

But he said nothing of the sort. You people just take things way out of context and like to make it seem this guy raped your dogs

So, implying that the demographics of the DS are narrow is accurate?  When both graphs have disproven it?  When it is the most widely appealing handheld in history?

lol he said nothing of the sort!

Then tell me why this was brought up.  You yourself said it was an accurate statement, and now you are denying such a statement even existed.

tell me what "this" is

Around the Network
Grimes said:
I'm really interested in hearing why he doesn't think this would appeal to the 8-9 year old demographic. Why would he say such a thing without a specific reason?

The specific reason is Sony's R&D section feeding Sony Corp the data.

I'd be interested in what that data shows, because I have a few nephews that are of that age and they would probably go bonkers over a 3d pokemon game.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Severance said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Severance said:

Jeez, why is 99% of the threads since the move was announced are all like this =s.
you guys need to relax and get away from the computer stop ripping your hair and drink a cup of tea.

F THE TEA =p

you can F it wherever you like just stop arguing!!

the quote above your post is what i mean....he said "owned again"...i mean really stfu to the guy who said that...and its a debate ^_^....thats what were supposed to do on forums, it cant always be sugar and rainbows you know *no pun intended*

NiKKoM said:
woopah said:
am I the only one who fails to see why being 9 instead of 19 has an effect or you ability to enjoy 3D?

Well I have been wondering that why they would say it.. and the only answer that I can think of is because Sony's vision on 3d involves 3d glasses and cause little kids can't wear the glasses propely while playing a handheld which you would hold a bit down.. they would slide off.. maybe sony didn't think about 3d without glasses.. 

Well I have another idea about this. I've seen a lot of movies with the 3D gimmick recently and all of them are nothing but just regular movies with a cheap 3D effect added (Coraline was much better on 2D, Avatar and Alice in Wonderland is the same) so instead of being an amazing experience it was just annoying and gave me a headache.

The most recent movie with a good use of 3D is in my opinion the Polar Express and the reason of that is because the movie was planned as a 3D experience. There's a huge difference between making a 3D movie and just making a movie with the 3D effects added later, so as an adult I can check the difference and set my experiences based on that. But kids are different, they enjoy life much than adults and get amazed with experiences like 3D even if these experiences are just cheap adds in a movie or game.

So well I think kids could jump into the 3D gaming faster than adults.

Kenology said:
Khuutra said:
radiantshadow92 said:

thank you, that was a great post which showed me the error of my ways....but its all relative, and i still think that poll isnt to be taken seriously....

There is no defensible reason for you to dismiss that graph now. The only reason you coul do it now is because it doesn't fit your worldview, which is frankly too bad.

The point has been proven that the implication concerninng the DS's demographic (which was your point even if the PR had nothing to do with that) is fallacious. That's all there is.

Owned again?

do you really need to do that? make yourself feel better by going to the post you like and saying owned....sigh...

Around the Network
Grimes said:
Grimes said:
I'm really interested in hearing why he doesn't think this would appeal to the 8-9 year old demographic. Why would he say such a thing without a specific reason?

The specific reason is Sony's R&D section feeding Sony Corp the data.

I'd be interested in what that data shows, because I have a few nephews that are of that age and they would probably go bonkers over a 3d pokemon game.

I'd be interested too.

Can this be locked already?

Sharky54 said:

why would it be locked?

radiantshadow92 said:
Sharky54 said:

why would it be locked?

It is no longer on topic. It is now a topic about who owns a DS. It is annoying. 

radiantshadow92 said:
Kenology said:
Khuutra said:
radiantshadow92 said:

thank you, that was a great post which showed me the error of my ways....but its all relative, and i still think that poll isnt to be taken seriously....

There is no defensible reason for you to dismiss that graph now. The only reason you coul do it now is because it doesn't fit your worldview, which is frankly too bad.

The point has been proven that the implication concerninng the DS's demographic (which was your point even if the PR had nothing to do with that) is fallacious. That's all there is.

Owned again?

do you really need to do that? make yourself feel better by going to the post you like and saying owned....sigh...

Hat-trick ownage?