By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the DS surpass the PS2 with the recent announcement of the 3DS?

What do you think?

It of course depend when they intend on releasing it which is also a question I ask you all.

Also, will sales of the 3DS be counted with those of the current DS?

The DS is currently at 127,957,421.

The PS2 is currently at 135,789,580.

Around the Network

Nintendo was pretty clear that 3DS was a new system unto itself, not a GBC or DSi style "half gen" upgrade. It'll be counted differently.

And DS might pass PS2 before 3DS even launches. Hell, with the western XL launch, it may pass it by the end of this summer...

If DS has around 8 million to sell, it should do that easily by the end of this year. And 3DS is described by Nintendo as the successor to the DS family, so it should be counted seperately.

Yes i think that the DS will pass the ps2, actually I think it could do another 20 million for this year, especially if they do a price cut for the DSi

Kinect! who needs video games!

I thought PS2 would be at 141M now, and DS 130 M in shipments anyway, I think they will top 145M by the end of the year so yep defintly top PS2.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

Yeah I think it's pretty sure that it will surpass it.

That will be interesting to follow though.

Easily.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

I hope so, for NintendoGamers sanity :0)

It might beat it in hardware but I highly doubt it will catch up with the software.

Yes