By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Patcher on Nintendo 3DS.

Azelover said:
vonboysp said:
Games4Fun said:
morenoingrato said:
Already?
Couldn't he wait one day to make such a statement?
I wonder what happened to his wii hd.....

Wii HD is Sony Move where have you been

that just makes it worse.

so the 3ds is gonna fail now because it's just a system with cooler graphics.

and the sony move will eat the wii alive for breakfast because it's a wii with cooler graphics.

mind=blown

It's about conflict of interest. Pachter works for the third party companies, and he has a will to manipulate the market. His response was quick because the market responded to 3DS, check the stock. Expect more to come from that side of aisle to counter it, and it's all going to be B.S. for people who aren't clever enough to disregard it. That's all they have.

read my comment on the news page of this story..

I'm thinking you're right on the money in regards to this one. 

Around the Network
Azelover said:
It's about conflict of interest. Pachter works for the third party companies, and he has a will to manipulate the market. His response was quick because the market responded to 3DS, check the stock. Expect more to come from that side of aisle to counter it, and it's all going to be B.S. for people who aren't clever enough to disregard it. That's all they have.

read my comment on the news page of this story..

Scary, but possible.

Asriel said:
Pachter finds it interesting that Nintendo is bold? DS and Wii were bold steps.

Why would Apple have beaten Nintendo to easy 3D on portable devices? Nintendo beat Apple with touch screen technology on portable devices. And as for his "gimmick" or pioneering technology comments, I don't think Nintendo have some genuinely revolutionary technology-they'll just do what has led to their most successful products. Take existing tech that is cheap to manufacture on a mass market scale at a mass market price, and apply to gaming in ways no-one else has thought of.

The capacitive touch screen of Apple's current handheld devices is a very different technology than the pressure-sensitive, resistive touch screen found in the DS. Apple actually beat Nintendo to stylus-based touch screens by about 15 years.

But Apple got in too soon. The time wasn't right for the PDA and the Newton was scrapped after costing Apple rather a lot of money. There's a lesson for why doing it right is more important than doing it first.

I find it odd that Pachter is talking about Apple. No mention of Sony at all. Apparently Pachter thinks Apple is now the main competition of Nintendo in handheld gaming. Therefore the 3DS must be a response to Apple, and Apple is expected to respond to Nintendo in turn. Even as a booster for iPhone gaming, I find the PSP's chopped liver status in the mind of Pachter bizarre.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:

I find it odd that Pachter is talking about Apple. No mention of Sony at all. Apparently Pachter thinks Apple is now the main competition of Nintendo in handheld gaming. Therefore the 3DS must be a response to Apple, and Apple is expected to respond to Nintendo in turn. Even as a booster for iPhone gaming, I find the PSP's chopped liver status in the mind of Pachter bizarre.

Patcher assuming that Sony already lost the portable market is the only part that makes sense in his commentary. Still, I hope Sony can bring some innovation to the field in the future.

I think that in general people all around web sites and on their editorials , area talking bout 3DS in a way that makes you feel that they all ready played, and it sucked...

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!