By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What happend to the "Sony is going to buy Rockstar" rumor?

Solid_Snake4RD said:
fighter said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Grimes said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Globox said:
Maybe it was pure rumour = BS or maybe there was something to it, maybe there were discusions behind closed doors but it was probably too expensive for Sony. Sony doesn't need rest of 2K they probably wanted Rockstar north (GTA makers). Let's not forget EA was offering 2.1 billion usd to take over 2K, they refused. I don't see Sony spending 2 billion of 2K, not somethingSony does, especialy now when they have been losing money on PS3 for such a long time.
MS could do it, so could Nintendo since they roll in money.
Probably just a rumour.

Sony has alot of money.alot more than Nintendo.

but they wudn't do it cause they only want Rockstar

Sony does not have more money than Nintendo. Sony has more assets but has much higher debt and expenses. Nintendo has built a huge cash reserve over the past few years and has little debt and low expenses.

u really think a company like Sony with $250B ASSESTS has less money than a company with $19 assets.

sony didn't just survive their huge losses with PS3 just like that.they have a big big pocket full of cash.and they are gonna make alot now

AMAZING !! A few posts back you are stating there is no way to know how mush liquidities it has and now you state it has deep pockets full of cash ???

Read the link i provided you, you'll be amazed how much debt Sony has contracted. And if you want to know just how tied Sony's pockets are read this :

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB116057893247189397-search.html?KEYWORDS=fitch&COLLECTION=wsjie/6month

Back in 2006, when Playstation brand was still almighty investors considered PS3's business model as a liability !! This shows how Sony's financial power depends on investors, how each and every of its' decisions needs to be backed up by the people they owe money to.

i was just estimating what they made from their years of innovation.and i think even you will agree how succesfull they have been,they would have atleast made more than nintendo with their whole electronics business

no you weren't, you stated "sony didn't just survive their huge losses with PS3 just like that.they have a big big pocket full of cash.and they are gonna make alot now" which is a blatant lie and a contradiction of your own position

that link had a shit old article,thats all,nothing else.you provide a 4 year old article with no figures.that aricle was a joke

proving Sony's financial power depends on investors doesn't require figures LOL

and sony was supposed to make heavy losses on PS3 and we all knew it and we know it how they survived it in 2010 today

and they made huge losses, otherwise you wouldn't use the term "survived" now would you ?

every company's power depends on their investor.you trying to teach me commerce here

i'm starting with common sense

I'm amazed you so blatantly ignore your own false statements. Your capacity for denial is astounding.

Around the Network

Just another false rumor, there's like heaps of this going around like Microsoft buying EA or Epic.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Linkasf said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Grimes said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Globox said:
Maybe it was pure rumour = BS or maybe there was something to it, maybe there were discusions behind closed doors but it was probably too expensive for Sony. Sony doesn't need rest of 2K they probably wanted Rockstar north (GTA makers). Let's not forget EA was offering 2.1 billion usd to take over 2K, they refused. I don't see Sony spending 2 billion of 2K, not somethingSony does, especialy now when they have been losing money on PS3 for such a long time.
Probably just a rumour.

Sony does not have more money than Nintendo. Sony has more assets but has much higher debt and expenses. Nintendo has built a huge cash reserve over the past few years and has little debt and low expenses.

u really think a company like Sony with $250B ASSESTS has less money than a company with $19 assets.

sony didn't just survive their huge losses with PS3 just like that.they have a big big pocket full of cash.and they are gonna make alot now

Some people forgot about the financial crisis? They slashed thousands of workers so I don't think they'd be able to afford buying a game studio as big as R*.

they slashed workers cause they were restructuring,this has nothing to do with their ability to buy a company.it depends on the fact on whether it is good for the business or not

Exactly. Restructuring and cutting losses.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
fighter said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Seece said:
Solid_Snake you havn't got a clue, why don't you leave the financial talk up to the people that know what they're talking about ...

so why don't you explain me,i could learn from you

He's just jealous

yeah...............LOL

Seece was actually warning you for your own good.

warning of wat?

and even if he was,i told him to explain to me why i was wrong.he didn't reply

one does not need to master martial arts to tell a fellow is getting owned

Linkasf said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Linkasf said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Grimes said:

Some people forgot about the financial crisis? They slashed thousands of workers so I don't think they'd be able to afford buying a game studio as big as R*.

they slashed workers cause they were restructuring,this has nothing to do with their ability to buy a company.it depends on the fact on whether it is good for the business or not

Restructuring (ie cutting losses) suggests that the company is in a bad financial position. Rarely during these kind of situation would a company like Sony buy significant entities (even if they predicted it will be a good investment). This is because they are in a position where they had no choice but to be conservative regarding material spendings as their going concern, ability to borrow etc are in fragile positions. ie they cannot afford to just go out and buy a company like R*.

BTW, Its not as simple as S.Snake4RD has put it "sony has 250 billion" assets, therefore they could afford to buy R* if they want. For example i assume a significant % of that 250b assets are inventory, because sony afterall is a inventory base company. Therefore their ability to generate cash depends if they sell iventory or not. The financial crisis has made difficult for companies like sony to sell inventories therefore affecting their revenue/cash reserves.

Around the Network
ImJustBayuum said:
Linkasf said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Linkasf said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Grimes said:

Restructuring (ie cutting losses) suggests that the company is in a bad financial position. Rarely during these kind of situation would a company like Sony buy significant entities (even if they predicted it will be a good investment). This is because they are in a position where they had no choice but to be conservative regarding material spendings as their going concern, ability to borrow etc are in fragile positions. ie they cannot afford to just go out and buy a company like R*.

BTW, Its not as simple as S.Snake4RD has put it "sony has 250 billion" assets, therefore they could afford to buy R* if they want. For example i assume a significant % of that 250b assets are inventory, because sony afterall is a inventory base company. Therefore their ability to generate cash depends if they sell iventory or not. The financial crisis has made difficult for companies like sony to sell inventories therefore affecting their revenue/cash reserves.

Well there ya go. Pretty much well said.

Solid_Snake4RD said:

Sony's profits have been higher.Its just that Sony always has alot in R&d.like If you look at Sony's profit in in PS2's era,they were actually alot more but they had alot in R&D so their profits showed to the public were alot less.Blu-ray and Cell cost a bomb in R&d and still sony was able to make profit in PS2 era.

If you look at samsung,they barely invet anything.even LG,they just sell and do little R&D

I don't man, a company that has U$230 billion in assets and generates over U$70 billion in revenue should have profits of at least U$ 10 billion/year - non recession years I mean, all the other big companies generate that type of profit, Samsung, Apple, Microsoft, Google, LG I think, Panasonic probably on non recession years, Nintendo is a videogame only company and generate $4billion a year

fighter said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
fighter said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Grimes said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Globox said:
Probably just a rumour.

AMAZING !! A few posts back you are stating there is no way to know how mush liquidities it has and now you state it has deep pockets full of cash ???

Read the link i provided you, you'll be amazed how much debt Sony has contracted. And if you want to know just how tied Sony's pockets are read this :

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB116057893247189397-search.html?KEYWORDS=fitch&COLLECTION=wsjie/6month

Back in 2006, when Playstation brand was still almighty investors considered PS3's business model as a liability !! This shows how Sony's financial power depends on investors, how each and every of its' decisions needs to be backed up by the people they owe money to.

i was just estimating what they made from their years of innovation.and i think even you will agree how succesfull they have been,they would have atleast made more than nintendo with their whole electronics business

no you weren't, you stated "sony didn't just survive their huge losses with PS3 just like that.they have a big big pocket full of cash.and they are gonna make alot now" which is a blatant lie and a contradiction of your own position

that link had a shit old article,thats all,nothing else.you provide a 4 year old article with no figures.that aricle was a joke

and sony was supposed to make heavy losses on PS3 and we all knew it and we know it how they survived it in 2010 today

and they made huge losses, otherwise you wouldn't use the term "survived" now would you ?

every company's power depends on their investor.you trying to teach me commerce here

I'm amazed you so blatantly ignore your own false statements. Your capacity for denial is astounding.

from next time can you copy paste and then respond.reading your response with red ink is a pain in the eyes

fighter said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
fighter said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Grimes said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Globox said:
Probably just a rumour.

learn to know what the person is trying to say and not just stick to the words.

a link with just a sentence of words is your proff for sony's finanancial power.anybody can write a sentence and if you it doesn't require figures then why did you even post the link

obviosly they made big losses.it requires money investment to make losses and alot more money to survive from it.

common sense?i think you are confused with the meaning

I guess people just reallized that it was just a rumour...

The dude abides