By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Researchers Already Working on Natal II

You should always be working on the next generation of hardware.
Of course, most firms release generation 1 before talking about generation 2.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
Severance said:
Announcing a new tech before even finishing and releasing the first is a big indication of ripping off consumers.

You do know that researchers were working on PS4 and Xbox 720 even before the 360 and P33 launched right?

Huya said:
jneul said:
actually I have known about the new Natal for a while, which is why I was not very impressed with MS, only the first Natal will be supplied with x360 and it has rip-off written all over it, they should just release Natal 2 when it's ready and skip the first Natal

Natal isn't the only thing that has rip-off written all over it, that is being released this year;p

lol Move is only a rip-off price wise to some people(even tho the price is not 100% confirmed), it actually delivers tho, just jump into my thread it does everything that natal+wiimote promised to do, plus so much more, it has totally impressed me after the recent GDC and engadget shows

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

jneul said:
Huya said:
jneul said:
actually I have known about the new Natal for a while, which is why I was not very impressed with MS, only the first Natal will be supplied with x360 and it has rip-off written all over it, they should just release Natal 2 when it's ready and skip the first Natal

Natal isn't the only thing that has rip-off written all over it, that is being released this year;p

lol Move is only a rip-off price wise to some people(even tho the proce is not 100% confirmed), it actually delivers tho, just jump into my thread it does everything that natal+wiimote promised to do, plus so much more, it has totally impressed me after the recent GDC and engadget shows

It looks like a black wii-mote with a lolli on it! But I was just joking seeing the fact that I don't give a damn for all 3 motion controllers~~

Severance said:
i'm not against researching at all , but why not implement the new technology on the first natal ? since its not finished yet why not?
that only means that they want people to buy both versions, i'd understand if Nintendo did it , Wii mote was good, then after a couple of years Wii Motion plus, that upgrades one what the consumer already have.

If you keep delaying to add new extras you end up like GT5 stuck in perpetual development.  Sometimes its better to get a product to the customer and see what they ACTUALLY think in the wild then refine your next version.  All the testing in the world doesn't mean anything until it reaches customers in real world terms.

Would I have rather waited an extra year to play the drums on Rock Band while they added cymbal support, nope.  Would I like to have waited 2 years for motion plus on the Wii, nope.  In fact would I rather have waited for any hardware peripheral I've bought this generation, nope. 

Around the Network
Huya said:
jneul said:
Huya said:
jneul said:

lol Move is only a rip-off price wise to some people(even tho the proce is not 100% confirmed), it actually delivers tho, just jump into my thread it does everything that natal+wiimote promised to do, plus so much more, it has totally impressed me after the recent GDC and engadget shows

It looks like a black wii-mote with a lolli on it! But I was just joking seeing the fact that I don't give a damn for all 3 motion controllers~~

lol I knew you was joking, don't worry

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

slowmo said:
Severance said:
i'm not against researching at all , but why not implement the new technology on the first natal ? since its not finished yet why not?
that only means that they want people to buy both versions, i'd understand if Nintendo did it , Wii mote was good, then after a couple of years Wii Motion plus, that upgrades one what the consumer already have.

If you keep delaying to add new extras you end up like GT5 stuck in perpetual development.  Sometimes its better to get a product to the customer and see what they ACTUALLY think in the wild then refine your next version.  All the testing in the world doesn't mean anything until it reaches customers in real world terms.

Would I have rather waited an extra year to play the drums on Rock Band while they added cymbal support, nope.  Would I like to have waited 2 years for motion plus on the Wii, nope.  In fact would I rather have waited for any hardware peripheral I've bought this generation, nope. 

oh we all know what happens when you rush a product, GT5 may be taking forever, but it will be nothing short of a masterpiece when it finally arrives, you only have to look at Forza 3 for an example of how nothing good comes from rushing products, this includes games and it especially includes hardware.

Finally the engine they have developed for GT5 will be reused, we all remember that right, the next GT on PS will take alot less time to develop.

PS VITA = LIFE

slowmo said:
Severance said:

Well since they're already working on the first AND the second natal , why bother release the first? i mean there must be something wrong about it that they didn't like. why release something like that that will ruin it?

Rock band added Cymbal support after it was released, and that was by people's demand, Motion plus is an upgrade.

This one doesn't seem like an upgrade because the first one didn't even release , let alone finish developement

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Severance said:
Announcing a new tech before even finishing and releasing the first is a big indication of ripping off consumers.

it seems like they are saying they will release Natal for 360 and natal 2 for 720 next year

This.

M.U.G.E.N said:
famousringo said:
Yeah, it makes sense to keep your engineers working, but don't undermine your product by telling potential customers that it's going to be obsolete soon. What a rookie mistake.

^THis. It's like saying don't buy Natal 1.0 yet cuz 2.0 is in the works lol Horrible PR

Well you all fail because that's not what they are saying.

• THEY ARE NOT WORKING ON NATAL 2 YET, THEY ARE RESEARCHING
  • ALL HARDWARE COMPANIES ADMIT THIS (THAT THEY ARE WORKING ON THE NEXT ITERATION AS OF OR EVEN BEFORE RELEASING THE CURRENT GENERATION) BOTH SONY AND MS HAVE SAID THINGS ALONG THESE LINES IN REGARDS TO FUTURE PLATFORMS.
  • FORZA 3 WAS NEITHER RUSHED NOR DID IT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS

Another 360 thread bites the dust thanks to rampant Sony fanboyism on VGChartz!