By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Researchers Already Working on Natal II

tripleb2k said:
It's a risky move but good for them for planning a head. like in any business, you want to be a few steps a head of your competition. conducting research and tests to advance your product further is just smart.
you think apple released ipods, iphones, etc. without looking at further refinements and spin-offs of their products?

the R7d GOES AT EVERY COMPANY BUT THIS IS NONSENSE

Around the Network

Natal+ confirmed?

actually I have known about the new Natal for a while, which is why I was not very impressed with MS, only the first Natal will be supplied with x360 and it has rip-off written all over it, they should just release Natal 2 when it's ready and skip the first Natal

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Sony start working on the PS4 years ago...

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

wow @ the ignorance in this thread

NATAL is merely an application of a wider technology : augmented reality

research on NATAL will end with the 360, research on augmented reality will last for generations and started before NATAL was even thought of.

Around the Network
slowmo said:
You guys are readin way too much into this, he doesn't mention any timescales for a start. This is simply a case of him saying the company believes the technology has a big future and they're looking into future implementations.

Too many haters in this thread already, mind you its expected whenever a thread opens in the Microsoft section with Natal in the title. You may as well just name a thread "diss Natal" and put it in the Sony forum and make it easier all round for everyone.

http://windows7news.com/2010/03/19/the-problem-with-microsofts-windows-8-timetable/

Someone from Microsoft leaked a timetable that states that Windows 8 will be released in 2012, so something like this Natal 2 may not be as farfetched as once thought...

DirtyP2002 said:
Sony start working on the PS4 years ago...

even if they do, they'd still support the ps3 till people get a new one.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

lol wha?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Yeah, it makes sense to keep your engineers working, but don't undermine your product by telling potential customers that it's going to be obsolete soon. What a rookie mistake.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

i'm not against researching at all , but why not implement the new technology on the first natal ? since its not finished yet why not?
that only means that they want people to buy both versions, i'd understand if Nintendo did it , Wii mote was good, then after a couple of years Wii Motion plus, that upgrades one what the consumer already have.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.