By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Researchers Already Working on Natal II

Man seriously!? The moment people criticize anything with Natal you assume they are fanboys? Lame

I got no beef with Natal, heck if it impress me a lot I will buy my very own xbox (I use my friends one at the moment but not too much)...

I just think it's silly (no it's not the Omg that is so much fail buhahahah bad) to give a statement to the media about the next iteration (which was inevitable, at least if Natal is a commercial success)

It's just something you do, but not say...it's just not smart business, at least not until you release the damn thing or heck give some proper info about the current one (release date, price, game line up etc)

It's called an opinion guys, take it with a gain of salt and less fanboy remarks

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

I think NATAL 2 will have wands.

Who Are You People?

I feel like there's a lot of either ignorance, or blind dislike of MS in this thread. How many companies develop something, then tell their R&D to go to Jamaica for 6 months? Natal's hardware is done and ready - yes they could continue making it more advanced for 2 more years before releasing it, but the same can be said for ANYTHING. You develop a product, you improve that product. That is normal. And if you're confident enough that it will be a success, you don't need to wait and see how it pans out before continuing development. The team that designed it would be the best team to continue making it more advanced. Why put them on something else? or tell them to twiddle their thumbs? Soon as Natal is (or was) finalized, they began working on the next generation of it. Makes sense.

tripleb2k said:
Who Are You People?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

It seems obvious a huge company like Microsoft would have aspects of the technology they can't implement the first time around, but that they continue to work on.

Why you would want to say this right now, from a PR perspective... ?

Jereel Hunter said:
I feel like there's a lot of either ignorance, or blind dislike of MS in this thread. How many companies develop something, then tell their R&D to go to Jamaica for 6 months? Natal's hardware is done and ready - yes they could continue making it more advanced for 2 more years before releasing it, but the same can be said for ANYTHING. You develop a product, you improve that product. That is normal. And if you're confident enough that it will be a success, you don't need to wait and see how it pans out before continuing development. The team that designed it would be the best team to continue making it more advanced. Why put them on something else? or tell them to twiddle their thumbs? Soon as Natal is (or was) finalized, they began working on the next generation of it. Makes sense.

there is a difference between a company researching and a company saying " WE ARE RESEARCHING " on a new version of something that didn't even finish development

A NEW VERSION  = Something better than what we will sell to you.

since they are working on two different versions why don't they focus on one of them instead? , some of you people take everything way too personal, its not like some random PS3 fanboys are going to murder the R&D developement team with their forum posts.

edit : on second thought, i think someone already working on it.

Severance said:
tripleb2k said:
Who Are You People?

someone with odd coloured nipples.

so it looks like a lot of people are just annoyed this one person spilled the beans during an interview and aren't actually upset about Natal II.
I still stand by my earlier statement saying it's smart to research their follow up product. you think Sony isn't doing it right now with Move? the difference, Sony isn't saying it in interviews.

One idiot = huge waste of a thread.
Discussion Complete.
Game Over.

tripleb2k said:
Severance said:
tripleb2k said:
Who Are You People?

someone with odd coloured nipples.

Thats right!