By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 2010 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

Hawks with a thrilling OT win to take 3-2 series lead, wow

Around the Network

Nashville had that one in the bag. Assuming the NHL is consistent, Hossa will be suspended 2 games - however, I don't expect that they will suspend him.

I was thinking, if the Hawks can get past Nashville, they have to be the favourites from the West, if their goaltending holds up, that is. They have such explosive offense, and a solid top-4 defence.

Too bad they're going to have to trade many of their great secondary scorers to get under the cap. Byfuglien, Sharp and Versteeg all conceivably could be on different teams next season, and I'm sure Campbell will be shipped off to any team that shows even the slightest bit of interest. I wonder if someone like Hjalmarsson will be available as well? I don't know if they'll be able to retain him.

Sens are gone

Im torn, I dislike both the Pens and Sens (Sens more) but I was hoping they owuld knock the Pens out, oh well

Sharks Win!!!!! We Advance!!!!

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII

Around the Network
Spire_VII said:

Sharks Win!!!!! We Advance!!!!

Congrats, that was an entertaining series to watch

both the Pens and Sharks move onto the 2nd round and the Hawks take a 3-2 series lead over the Preds today

looks like we have our 1st game 7, Yotes beat the Wings 5-2

Opa-Opa said:

oh hell yes! GO PREDATORS! 4-1!

So, is it safe to say now, Rinne > Niemi ?

Do you want to re-think that? Niemi stats > Rinne... Short handed goal with 14 sec left? Pathetic... Not being able to score with 5 minutes of PP... pathetic.

izaaz101 said:
He probably stuck around for game 4, since it's soooooo cheap for him to drive 500 miles and watch a game down there, as opposed to in Chicago. He might even stay there for game 6 (assuming Chicago survives until then)!

Also, this was a very nervewracking game to watch today - we won, sure, but I'm still not happy about apathetic PK - I hope they correct it for the rest of the series. Even strength, we've owned them - special teams they've murdered us.

And I must say, I feel sorry for Montreal. Absolutely owned the Caps through the first 2 periods and they go into the 3rd, knotted at 2 because of a poor play on the PP, and it was all due to Varlamov. He played an excellent game, reminiscent of his play against the Rangers last year.

LOL I was at last nights game... I think you should rethink your stance right about now.

izaaz101 said:
Nashville had that one in the bag. Assuming the NHL is consistent, Hossa will be suspended 2 games - however, I don't expect that they will suspend him.

No suspension. No reason for them. Take off your anti blackhawks goggles.