By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 2010 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

Flyers win 4-1! One more win and it's off to round 2!

Around the Network

Sharks, Preds, Flyers, Pens and Wings win today,

Flyers and Pens take 3-1 series leads and are looking good

Sharks and Wings tie up their series at 2

and the Preds continue to surprise and win 4-1 against the B. Hawks

Both Gagne and Carter out with foot injuries, thats a huge blow especially since Carter had just found his scoring touch

User: letsdance is conspicuously absent from thread after driving 500 miles to his hawks play in Nashville.

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK

He probably stuck around for game 4, since it's soooooo cheap for him to drive 500 miles and watch a game down there, as opposed to in Chicago. He might even stay there for game 6 (assuming Chicago survives until then)!

Also, this was a very nervewracking game to watch today - we won, sure, but I'm still not happy about apathetic PK - I hope they correct it for the rest of the series. Even strength, we've owned them - special teams they've murdered us.

And I must say, I feel sorry for Montreal. Absolutely owned the Caps through the first 2 periods and they go into the 3rd, knotted at 2 because of a poor play on the PP, and it was all due to Varlamov. He played an excellent game, reminiscent of his play against the Rangers last year.

Around the Network

Huge game for the Flyers tonight, finish off these Devils now and start resting up for a possible meeting with Ovy and the Caps.

A lot of penalties being called here in the 2nd.....and the Devils are coming close to tying it.

3-zip - with the way the Flyers are playing, methinks we have our first team to advance to the 2nd round.....

And it's official - the Flyers, who just about missed the playoffs, have now advanced to the 2nd round. Congratulation to you Alex - you must be ecstatic at the moment.

izaaz101 said:
And it's official - the Flyers, who just about missed the playoffs, have now advanced to the 2nd round. Congratulation to you Alex - you must be ecstatic at the moment.

Yes I am, Flyers move on, and will probably play the Caps, looking forward to that series, a solid game from BOOOCH too.