By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Videogames are addictive promote hatred, racism, sexism and reward violence

Arrogant piles of motherfu-

Oh my god, what ass-

I can't even from a logical sentence! I'm so baffled and....

Video games aren't bad for you!!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
woopah said:
video games are violent!
well so are movies
but movies have ratings!
well so do games
but you can stop children getting into cinemas! you cant stop them getting into their own home!
I.... errrrrrrr... what is this I dont even

Seems she doesn't know Game Shops that require ID if you look underage exist. I don't even think she knows that DVD's exist either.

You could probably pick up a 18 rated DVD easier then a 18 rated game if underage. But I forget, movies are not interactive and therefor have no psycological effect what so ever.

kiefer23 said:
woopah said:
video games are violent!
well so are movies
but movies have ratings!
well so do games
but you can stop children getting into cinemas! you cant stop them getting into their own home!

Seems she doesn't know Game Shops that require ID if you look underage exist. I don't even think she knows that DVD's exist either.

You could probably pick up a 18 rated DVD easier then a 18 rated game if underage. But I forget, movies are not interactive and therefor have no psycological effect what so ever.

I was more confused by Titchmarsh.  games are more dangerous because they ar ein the home? how the hell do you think they get in the home in the first place

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

kiefer23 said:
woopah said:
video games are violent!
well so are movies
but movies have ratings!
well so do games

She seems to have forgot about all the Freddy Kruger inspired killings and is focusing on the GTA inspired ones

And for the love of boobs, which game promotes racism? The typical rag-tag band of heroes is more racially diverse than a Disney channel program! Gears of War 2 had a black guy (like d21lewis), a white guy (like dtewi), a hispanic guy (like elgefe02), and blonde prick (you know who I'm thinking of! I don't want to get banned!) and a Native American all working together to save the world! Video games did more for race relations than High School Musical ever did!!

Around the Network

You're all so angry...

Maybe you should stop playing video games for a while.

d21lewis said:
And for the love of boobs, which game promotes racism? The typical rag-tag band of heroes is more racially diverse than a Disney channel program! Gears of War 2 had a black guy (like d21lewis), a white guy (like dtewi), a hispanic guy (like elgefe02), and blonde prick (you know who I'm thinking of! I don't want to get banned!) and a Native American all working together to save the world! Video games did more for race relations than High School Musical ever did!!

Resident Evil 5! Don't you remember?

Wagram said:
d21lewis said:

Resident Evil 5! Don't you remember?

Those motherfuckers were ZOMBIES!  I don't give a damn if it was the Zombie Martin Luther King riding a motorcycle with Zombie Pope John Paul!  My daddy taught me that if you see a zombie, you kill it!!!

And since Sheva was black, that makes it okay.  It's like that episode of South Park where they thought the flag was racist......

Angry? I'm more amused than anything else. I know that most people don't think like that, the large majority of the population accepts that those people are idiots, and that one particular audience is so stupid as to think that the bullshit streaming from their mouths is the truth.

On another note, Tim held up pretty well.

EDIT: Kelvin wasn't even that bad, now that I think about it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Angry? I'm more amused than anything else. I know that most people don't think like that, the large majority of the population accepts that those people are idiots, and that one particular audience is so stupid as to think that the bullshit streaming from their mouths is the truth.

On another note, Tim held up pretty well.

People named Tim often do.  It's like he was the only sane person in a room full of idiots.