By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 15B - Game Thread

I'm back trangentspree. Frankly I'm a bit disapointed by supermario's reasoning because if it's true then that's very sloppy on his part not to read both his PM and the OP before posting in the thread.

About the lynching on the first day thing, I'm on the fence about it. I'm guessing there's only one night kill per night since we're only nine players. If we're facing three humans a first day lynch would put us a the brink of defeat very quickly if we make the wrong choice but on the other hand catching a human on the first day would make things much better for the town.

In the end, I'm still weighing if supermario's behavior is scummy enough to warrant taking that risk.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Do the puppy and dandelion also have brains?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
Do the puppy and dandelion also have brains?

The puppies do. The dandelions do not.

so how many puppies are there?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

A thought occured.

Since this is a themed game, it's likely that there are quite a few exciting abilities flying around out there - and there is always the chance that one of them might be the lie detector. So shall we all have a jolly good round of 'I Am Teh Zombie' to build up some undead camraderie?

I'll begin:

I AM A ZOMBIE RAWR

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:

Just the one. But you get your choice!

dsister44 said:
Final-Fan said:

Just the one. But you get your choice!

I choose this one: 

^ that is me going for his brains because i am a zombie rawr

I'll play along even though I think this is a cheap tactic to turn a lie detector into a cop.

I am a zombie! (I'll rawr later)

Signature goes here!

you guys do realize that WoW said that people with useful roles will have limited uses. I don't see why we should encourage this type of behavior.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3258328&page=3&postnum=23

I think any investigative roles would be best off waiting til night 2 unless they have unlimited (or a lot) of investigations. While we may clear 1 person tonight, it might prevent us from investigating someone who is actually suspicious on night 3 or 4.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
you guys do realize that WoW said that people with useful roles will have limited uses. I don't see why we should encourage this type of behavior.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3258328&page=3&postnum=23

I think any investigative roles would be best off waiting til night 2 unless they have unlimited (or a lot) of investigations. While we may clear 1 person tonight, it might prevent us from investigating someone who is actually suspicious on night 3 or 4.

If the investigator is very limited this game, then I agree with your advice. But I don't see why we can't provide them with as much material to work with as possible, especially in the event that they are not limited or do have a lot of uses or do have a strong suspect already. I shouldn't need to point out the obvious that nobody is guaranteed to make it alive to night 3 or 4 - if the game even lasts that long. We simply need to have faith in our investigator to make the best choices based on what they know, and not deny them material to investigate.

Now, are you a zombie?