By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 15B - Game Thread

oh, and I have a question for you. Why did you target Falcon night 2? I thought you would target someone everyone thought was town, or even j0 in case a powerful role showed up that you wanted to kill later.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
nordlead said:
oh, and I have a question for you. Why did you target Falcon night 2? I thought you would target someone everyone thought was town, or even j0 in case a powerful role showed up that you wanted to kill later.

if I remember correctly we had a couple of roleclaims, but everyone seemed skeptical about them(Besides mine xD). And for all I know Falcon could have been a very powerful role(which he ended up being)

Plus it's no secret that I hate lurkers. About halfway through the night I was going to change my kill to c03n3nj0, but then I decided "hey! the first night was 6 minutes long. So far this one is 12 hours". By then I figured that falcon had some sort of night action so I decided to keep it on him 

Third night... Final-Fan just needed to die :P

dsister44 said:
nordlead said:

if I remember correctly we had a couple of roleclaims, but everyone seemed skeptical about them(Besides mine xD). And for all I know Falcon could have been a very powerful role(which he ended up being)

Plus it's no secret that I hate lurkers. About halfway through the night I was going to change my kill to c03n3nj0, but then I decided "hey! the first night was 6 minutes long. So far this one is 12 hours". By then I figured that falcon had some sort of night action so I decided to keep it on him 

I'd be curious to know if Final-Fan would have died anyway because he used his power.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
dsister44 said:
nordlead said:

I'd be curious to know if Final-Fan would have died anyway because he used his power.

I think he would have died anyway, look at WoW's Day 4 Begin post.

"he was torn apart by some sort of monkeys however there is also a bullet mark in the center of all the footprints.  Apparently someone wanted to make extra sure that he was dead."

I was a little relieved seeing this because I thought, after nordlead flipped innocent, there might be more than 1 zombie death during the night because of role-induced deaths.

Although... if he had killed SAK instead (and F-F had died from his monkeys) it would have made Day 4 a hell of a lot easier for the town...

whoa, I hugged the right person.

at least that helped a bit... but it doesn't matter in the end, we still lost. :'(

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:

Thanks for the game everyone!

Any feedback you can give on the following would be great:

• Zombies as town and humans as mafia spin on the Zombie theme (Did you like that?  Would you have prefered the other way?)
  • Roles (Did you like them? Were they fun?  Did you like the flavor?)
  • Balance (Looking at the roles and the outcomes, did you feel like your team had a chance to win?)
  • Would you like to do a similar game in the future?  Or would you have prefered to be in the vanilla round instead?
  • Did you like the new vote count system?  Or do you prefer the table system?
  • I'm a zombie RAAAAAAWWWWWWWR (yes)
  • I like dhow each role had it's drawback, so it makes it more interesting and makes the person think more carefully 
  • I'm guessing it was unbalanced against the humans, 'cause it would've been simple for the zombies to win 
  • YES! 
  • It's easier on the eyes  

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

dsister44 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Thanks for the game everyone!
Any feedback you can give on the following would be great:
  • Zombies as town and humans as mafia spin on the Zombie theme (Did you like that?  Would you have prefered the other way?)
  • Roles (Did you like them? Were they fun?  Did you like the flavor?)
  • Balance (Looking at the roles and the outcomes, did you feel like your team had a chance to win?)
  • Would you like to do a similar game in the future?  Or would you have prefered to be in the vanilla round instead?
  • Did you like the new vote count system?  Or do you prefer the table system?

1. I thought I was a good girl to begin with :'(
2.Yes, they were a lot of fun :D
3. Didn't you say it was unbalanced? :P And no I didn't feel my team could win
4. yes, similar games :D
5. No, I didn't like the new vote count system. All it did was help trangentspree...
And I just have to say this game was great

1.  I think it's totally appropriate as zombies traditionally outnumber humans and have better firepower. 
2.  Yeah, although I'm glad I got killed by the humans since I would have been TOTALLY shocked to find that my use of my ability had killed me. 
3.  I don't think the humans were all that disadvantaged.  I think dsister just felt that way because we got lucky on Day 1 and got half the humans. 
4.  Vanilla is fine, but this was fun.  I wouldn't mind something like this again. 
5.  I like the new system, but doing the table at the start of every day (like you had initially planned IIRC) would be nice. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Question to TOS: what made you think the humans would be given a daykill ability?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

TruckOSaurus said:

I couldn't take that chance... Anyways if I had killed theRepublic then the last day wouldn't have been half as interesting. :D

Final-Fan said:

3.  I don't think the humans were all that disadvantaged.  I think dsister just felt that way because we got lucky on Day 1 and got half the humans.

Look at it this way. The town had 

2(3 somewhat) nightkill immune people(That's almost half)

1 protective role

1 investigative role

1 zombie that could prevent his lynching

1 zombie that could get a daykill

And I have to admit. I thought Mario had the same abilities. His would have been nice -_-

dsister44 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I couldn't take that chance... Anyways if I had killed theRepublic then the last day wouldn't have been half as interesting. :D

Final-Fan said:

3.  I don't think the humans were all that disadvantaged.  I think dsister just felt that way because we got lucky on Day 1 and got half the humans.

Look at it this way. The town had 

2(3 somewhat) nightkill immune people(That's almost half)

1 protective role

1 investigative role

1 zombie that could prevent his lynching

1 zombie that could get a daykill

And I have to admit. I thought Mario had the same abilities. His would have been nice -_-

Although almost all those roles had a severe drawback.

I may have been nightkill immune, but I didn't contribute to the zombie ratio vs. humans - so I was basically just a distraction. Others like SAK risked disappearing every time they protected themselves.

Jo wasn't really a protective role - more a self-sacrifice, so the zombies lost a player anyway.

nordlead had only one investigation.

Final-Fan could prevent his lynch, but he'd then die during the night - so it basically just allowed the town a second chance at lynching somebody else, whilst losing a zombie.

Falcon/Republic's was pretty cool though.

All in all, what a thoroughly complicated set of variables.

But who's going to start the next one? and when?