By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When this gen is over, will the PS3 outsell the 360 IN AMERICA?

When this gen is over, will the PS3 outsell the 360 IN AMERICA?

Yes 54 25.96%

No 127 61.06%

Maybe/Depends/Tie 27 12.98%

Total:208

so far we have 32 delusional people... WW Sony has a shot but here in the States... no it's not not in the realm of possibility.

Around the Network

the only way for the ps3 to beat 360 is that it has to beat the wii worldwide

No way, just ain't gonna happen.

PSN ID: KingFate_

Mr Puggsly said:
Not a chance. The gap is 9 million and the 360 seems to outsell the PS3 every week in NA.

Also, when you include factors like Natal, Reach, and a likely price drop that gap is likely to grow.

Not a chance in fanboy's mind for sure.

but last year seems PS3 is rising steadily in every market,even America,now the last week PS3 is even selling tie with 360 in America

Yes, because by the time Xbox releases the next console xbox 720. Ps3 will still be in the market and it will overtake the 360 sales within its 10 year lifespan because by then everyone would have transitioned to the newer xbox model since the 360 is outdated.

Its what happened with the PS2 (minus the fact it was number 1 last gen) and it will happen again this gen.

For the record, I never mentioned a PS4 releasing for that matter.

if you talking about being number 1 in sales overall, its the Wii. PS3 will dominate worldwide if you compare to just the 360.

Japan: Yes
Europe: Likely
America: Maybe...

Antarctica: Never.

Gotta think 10 year lifecyle!!! long run!!! Xbox 360 don't got the legs but Sony does!

Around the Network
sbvgc2012 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Not a chance. The gap is 9 million and the 360 seems to outsell the PS3 every week in NA.

Also, when you include factors like Natal, Reach, and a likely price drop that gap is likely to grow.

Not a chance in fanboy's mind for sure.

but last year seems PS3 is rising steadily in every market,even America,now the last week PS3 is even selling tie with 360 in America

Well be logical. Selling an equal amount doesn't help close a gap. The PS3 would require a massive increase of sales. It would have to even outsell the Wii every week for years.

Therefore, it will never happen.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

jarrod said:

heywoodjablome said:
america - not at all. americans will support american products more.

Uh... Nintendo?

---you're in the wrong forum there is no nintendo discussion here its ps3 and 360 but yes nintendo does have more support if you throw it into the conversation

lvader said:
I don't think it will even beat the 360 worldwide.

LMAo, thats nearly a given at this point, US I say no, but they will clsoe the gap some.

heywoodjablome said:
jarrod said:

heywoodjablome said:
america - not at all. americans will support american products more.

Uh... Nintendo?

---you're in the wrong forum there is no nintendo discussion here its ps3 and 360 but yes nintendo does have more support if you throw it into the conversation

I'm just saying, Americans don't inherently favor American consoles.  In fact, and American company hasn't led the industry here in over 25 years.

@jarrod

yea you're right. and i probably shouldn't have said that in the first place...and the 360 really is the first american made console to have some decent success. but now that I think about it I don't like most american products lol. they aren't that reliable for the most part. just looking around my house my laptop is sony made my consoles are nintendo and sony made my HDTV is european made and my cars are all japanese made and all work great...and my american made dell desktop computer runs like shit

but I think there is a small truth to my statement because look at the 360 owners who had their consoles break and then went out and bought 2 or 3 more 360's. there has to be some kind of american console pride there if people are willing to spend and extra $500 replacing their hardware. I give the japanese credit for not buying a console with questionable reliability even after the 360 got a bunch of JRPG's