By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII - Western Sales Adjusted! 1M+ PS3... 600k+ 360!

Just curious since I see it thrown around that Sony paid to have it exclusive in Japan. Didn't Famitsu report that the reason it was most likely PS3 exclusive in Japan was because S-E and Sony had an exclusive contract and to keep Sony from suing the pants off S-E and MS for breaching that contract that Sony got to keep it exclusive in Japan plus some sort of monetary bonus?

I read this somewhere.

If someone can prove it wrong and show me that it was Sony who paid and MS somehow got it for free then go ahead and provide me with a link please. I would like to have what is most likely the truth.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Euphoria14 said:
Just curious since I see it thrown around that Sony paid to have it exclusive in Japan. Didn't Famitsu report that the reason it was most likely PS3 exclusive in Japan was because S-E and Sony had an exclusive contract and to keep Sony from suing the pants off S-E and MS for breaching that contract that Sony got to keep it exclusive in Japan plus some sort of monetary bonus?

I read this somewhere.

If someone can prove it wrong and show me that it was Sony who paid and MS somehow got it for free then go ahead and provide me with a link please. I would like to have what is most likely the truth.

You'll likely just get some opinions thrown around.

Well I am sure most would agree that Famitsu knows more than some random forum lurker, but hey what do I know right?

Still, I would like to know the truth because a simple: "They asked us" doesn't cut it.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

SaviorX said:
Well, I guess it is time to move the goalposts:
FF13 is a disappointment if it doesn't surpass FFX or FF7 in sales. I mean, it is multiplatform! SE themselves said they wanted 10 million.....

Just saying though, Wada said he would "hope" for it to sell like FF7

But when he said what he "expected"....he said 6 Million Shipped

"Expectations" & "Hope" are different things.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Seems it was reported by Kotaku and then claimed to be fake.

Anyone know if it was indeed in Famitsu?

Currently playing:

WOO amazing sales, 1.6m first week!

This game will easily reach high numbers, as expected from the best rpg this gen :) (so far)

Around the Network

PS3..1.5m in jpn . 1m in WW
umm...The world is smaller than i thought. still good sales, though

↑ drawn by Tino Vainamoinen aka ex-NFG.  thx 

へんたい from japan, sorry.my english is suck,so plain english plz.  thx

SaviorX said:
FF13 is a disappointment if it doesn't surpass FFX or FF7 in sales. I mean, it is multiplatform! SE themselves said they wanted 10 million.....

Every Final Fantasy game before this one game out on the console which was literally DOMINATING the market. How can you say that this one should sell more just cause it's multiplatform?

Xbox 360 Hardware + PS3 Hardware = Just over 70 million consoles when FFXIII released

PS2 Hardware = 100 Million when FFXII released.

The situations are just way too different to compare imo.

perpride said:
SaviorX said:

Every Final Fantasy game before this one game out on the console which was literally DOMINATING the market. How can you say that this one should sell more just cause it's multiplatform?

Xbox 360 Hardware + PS3 Hardware = Just over 70 million consoles when FFXIII released

I was obviously kidding. Did the first sentence not reveal that?

Maybe I should include 100 smileys.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
perpride said:
SaviorX said:

I was obviously kidding. Did the first sentence not reveal that?

Maybe I should include 100 smileys.

lol MY BAD!

Truely amazing sales then by FFXIII, i will retract my comments on the previous numbers being average because these new numbers are great.

Well done SE. I really like the game and think the bitching is un-deserved.

HOWEVER...

I look forward to the NPD results. Recent figures here have made me lose a little bit of faith in the numbers sometimes posted. Need a good recovery period with some close numbers. Because if the numbers are as out as some of the others then it asks the question what is the point of looking at numbers that are 20% or so out? If i wanted that i would look at Pachters numbers ;)