By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 Slim + Nata l...how can Sony counter?...Is GT5 enough?

apollon said:
249 ps3.

the xbox already is cheap in the 100 range and has less sales.

gt5.

So people still ignoring the fact that the dominant selling SKU for the 360 has and always will be the Pro/Premium/Elite?  The only time the Arcade saw the majority of sales is holiday 08.  This tells  me that there is still much demand for a cheaper 360 with hdd included.  That means MS has just as much if not more room for lowering the price on their Elite sku than Sony.

MS still has a slim revision to do, chip revisions to do, and lets not forget that the 360 is already much cheaper to produce than the PS3 yet it sells for the same price.  MS has to be raking in huge profits per console sold right now if the PS3 is only losing ~$20-30 per console sold.

GT5 will counter Halo: Reach, but not the rest of it.

Around the Network

Sony will announce a new console without a HDD, lower the supply chains to make it look like they can't produce enough PS3's/Move's, and announce 3 games that have no chance to ship in the next two years (but they will say they will ship this holiday season).

Triple Chix said:
Sony will announce a new console without a HDD, lower the supply chains to make it look like they can't produce enough PS3's/Move's, and announce 3 games that have no chance to ship in the next two years (but they will say they will ship this holiday season).

They've...already announced more than 3 games for their lineup. Have you been living under a rock or something?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
Triple Chix said:

They've...already announced more than 3 games for their lineup. Have you been living under a rock or something?

I think he was trying to be funny or something.  I didn't laugh.

Impulsivity said:
I really have no idea why Natal is such a big deal. I mean Sony has something very similar to Natal (complete with a lot of the ball minigames and other such things that were in the natal tech demo) called the eyetoy. It was gimicky and very few people really used it.

You probably still have no idea why the Wiimote is a big deal. Its no surprise really...

Tease.

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
huaxiong90 said:
Triple Chix said:

I think he was trying to be funny or something.  I didn't laugh.

I hope so.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

I seriously doubt Natal will shift many 360s, a slim edition and a price drop may though.

3D gaming

GT5

PS Move

Modnation

The last guardian

DC Universe

God of war III

I doubt sony's loosing any sleep about it.

The dude abides   

i don't think a redesign of the 360 will do anything...maybe it's just me but i don't think the ps3 slim selling so well has anything to do with the redesign and everything to do with a price drop. that said, if MS can pull a price cut (and i'm pretty sure they can) it will do wonderful things for the 360.

as far as natal goes...atm i think the move looks better but let's wait until natal has at least one game announced before making any judgments on the success/fail of natal.

Games are shit.
Natal and Move are shit.
The real thing where it comes down to console sales will be X360 "Mini" + Price drop

You make it sound as if Sony needs to counter. We've reached the point where it doesn't really matter anymore, all the big 3 have sold really well and are still selling really well. Not to mention quality games across the board

I think this is going to be the first console generation where every console will be considered a success