By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War sales numbers updated ! OMG ITS SO BIG !

sales of GOWIII also adjusted 550K first day in america so 1.3 million first week is not out of question .

Around the Network

I was about to complain that Batman: Arkham Asylum had sold less than God of War, because I think Batman is a superior game. And then I checked the sales numbers... If Batman sold only 350k copies on the PC, it actually outsold God of War already.

I knew God of War had sold a lot of copies, but I had no idea Batman was that close. Shows the strength of a well done multiplatform title, I guess.

I would be very interested in hearing the opinion people have (especially God of War fans) on which game of the two has the best battle mechanics, and why. I just hope that wouldn't be too much off topic.

This is invisible text!

@killergran

I really loved the battle mechanics in Batman. At first I thought it was a bit too basic but after a few fights it appeared to be completely awesome.

I don't know if it's better than GOW's mechanics though... I think both are perfect for the kind of feeling they want (and succeed) to provide. When you play Batman, you need to feel like a martial artist, a "normal" guy who moves fast, who is very acrobatic and strong. When you play Kratos, you need to feel you're the god of war, stronger than anything on your path. You don't have time to subtely parry your opponents attacks...

GOW has the epicness and visceral joy, Batman has the freshness and "tactical" greatness.

Both are completely amazing games and it's good to see they performed well !

"i am become Death ... "
Engrish mutha fucker you apparently speak it!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Killergran said:
I was about to complain that Batman: Arkham Asylum had sold less than God of War, because I think Batman is a superior game. And then I checked the sales numbers... If Batman sold only 350k copies on the PC, it actually outsold God of War already.

I knew God of War had sold a lot of copies, but I had no idea Batman was that close. Shows the strength of a well done multiplatform title, I guess.

I would be very interested in hearing the opinion people have (especially God of War fans) on which game of the two has the best battle mechanics, and why. I just hope that wouldn't be too much off topic.

batman is not the better game. i loved arkam asylum but it didn't pack the punch god of war does.

the combat becomes stupidly easy (i played it on hard and have the trophy to prove it) after you upgrade to reducing the hits needed to grab people... the enemies are quite basic.. you have to grunts, the dudes with the knifes and the stun gunners... its just becomes about grabing those guys and hitting the grunts...

the riddle challenges are pretty fun but most that haven't read the comics wont understand 90% of them and will have to find the map to get them all.

i loved the stealth thou but it was quite basic.

i'm looking forward to the improvement in the second. AA was a good start and they can really ramp everything up next time around.

Around the Network
Severance said:
"i am become Death ... "

Never heard the Oppenheimer quote?

"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds"

'Shatterer' is also used.

If the radiance of a thousand sunswere to burst into the sky,that would be likethe splendor of the Mighty One—I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

Dallinor said:
Severance said:
"i am become Death ... "

If the radiance of a thousand sunswere to burst into the sky,that would be likethe splendor of the Mighty One—I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

well (wikiped him) hes good at making bombs  but he dropped a bombshell on grammar!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

mOeR-rpGee said:

batman is not the better game. i loved arkam asylum but it didn't pack the punch god of war does.

the combat becomes stupidly easy (i played it on hard and have the trophy to prove it) after you upgrade to reducing the hits needed to grab people... the enemies are quite basic.. you have to grunts, the dudes with the knifes and the stun gunners... its just becomes about grabing those guys and hitting the grunts...

the riddle challenges are pretty fun but most that haven't read the comics wont understand 90% of them and will have to find the map to get them all.

i loved the stealth thou but it was quite basic.

i'm looking forward to the improvement in the second. AA was a good start and they can really ramp everything up next time around.

You're saying the combat is easy, and in the story mode, it kinda is. But I'm doing the challenges now, and they have an evil touch. The battles are more about situational awareness and tactics than anything else, and that makes it rather difficult when lots of things happen at once. Taking out enemies running for gun cabinets isn't all that difficult, but doing so while dodging titans, stun gunners and knifemen gets to be a lot more tricky, especially if you are going for the variety bonus.

But I never really got the hang of the combat system in God of War. Or maybe I did, but the game didn't make me feel as in control as I wanted. I play as the god of war, and I have difficulty taking out tiny little wimps? Something in the controls just didn't work for me. Kratos is awesomely cool, but controlling him isn't. I think I played God of War for about 2 hours, and God of War 2 for about 3 hours, and after that I've felt no urge to return to them.

So really, what I want to know is, why do you like the battle system in God of War so much? What's the pull, apart from the brutalities?

This is invisible text!

i guess it's kinda sad this site is updating sales numbers just at the release of a third installment of a pretty succesfull series... For me it takes away some credibility of all these so-called sales-numbers at vgchartz...

Severance said:
Dallinor said:
Severance said:
"i am become Death ... "

well (wikiped him) hes good at making bombs  but he dropped a bombshell on grammar!

Wait, you guys don't know the "I am become death" secret in GoW II ?

SPOILERS FOR GOW II

After you defeat Perseus and return to the Hallway of Atropos to see his body hanging on a hook, examine it with R1 and go on the same route you used to find Perseus, you'll find 3 stars on the ground. When you make Kratos stand on each star and press R1 you get a lot of red-orbs and "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds" pops up in the sky.

Youtube it.