By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Various Thoughts

The premise of this thread is simple got something to say about gaming post it.

Yesterday, I went to 3 gamestops, 2 Targets and Best Buy. Why, do you ask? I was searching for a copy of God of War 3. What I found was quite interesting first of all the rumors about Wii and PS3 shorts are dead on. I saw only one PS3 in the six stores I went to and it was a refurbished 80gig Phat. Secondly, God of War is selling great sold out in 5 of the 6 stores I went to. The last thing I noticed about my trip was both Target and Best Buy was completely sold out of Final Fantasy XIII on the PS3, there was numerous copies available for the 360 including several system bundles. Based on the sales numbers I didn't expect this disparity.

As much as I love MLB 2010 THE SHOW yesterday I became frustrated with the game for the first time. I was playing as a catcher in RTTS mode and in one game my team made 6 errors and my pticher walked 8 guys. Now those numbers are unprecidented I certainly got frustrated calling for strikes and watching the hitters keep getting free passes. It was compounded by what should have been a double play ball gets booted and thrown away. It just goes to show that even the best games aren't perfect.

Lastly, buy the DSI the DSI ware shop right now is the best on the market getting great games every week you cant say that about XBL or PSN and while it is likely true for the IPHONE good luck surfing though all the crap to find them.

Got an opinion on my thoughts let me hear it want to sound off on something else go for it. Have Fun!

Around the Network

So, "Post Your Mind: Gaming Edition", eh?

I want to buy a new game or peripheral today but there is actually nothing that I want to buy. This is not good. I'm leaning towards a new 360 HDD, Madworld, Silent Hill Homecoming, or God of War Collection. One thing is for sure: Whatever I buy will be totally ignored once I buy it (unless I get a 120gb 360 HDD).

It's amazing how much disposable income I have when I'm not chasing 19-21 year old girls around :(

I was playing God of War a few days ago and I was confused as to why Kratos was confused that some lady would rather run from him and fall off a balcony than be within 50 feet of him.

No, I promise I wont farm you for green orbs or have sex with you, I just want to talk!

I was playing FF13 this morning when the strangest thing happened. Lightening yelled out, "This isn't a game!" Then, Sazh replied, "You got that right!"

I sat up in my seat!! It was like they were reading my mind.

I think that easy games should be worth considerable less trophies or achievement points than difficult ones. Beating the challenge of the gods and or the titan challenge is far more difficult than any challenge I can think of in a majority of games yet there are so much easier ways to earn gold and platinum trophies.

Around the Network

I just want to say that collectibles are ruining gaming for me.  I am sick and fucking tired of every single game I play having some arbitrary item, be it dossiers, audio diaries, treasures, shards, orbs, or whatever else, that I have to spend my time running around and getting if I want to get a platinum trophy.  It's the cheapest and most pathetic way I've ever heard of for a developer to add artificial length to a game without having to actually do any work or put any thought into it.  God forbid that backstory be provided in the process of actually playing the game, no, instead you have to run into every corner on every map so you can get some arbitrary bullshit that may or may not give you a bit of information.  Every time I look at a trophy list and see a collectible trophy I facepalm, because that is yet another platinum I will not be getting.  I don't know the exact number of games, but at the very least I would have gotten the plats for infamous and Uncharted if it wasn't for the necessity to run through every map looking for bullshit collectibles.  Please developers, stop being so fucking lazy.

Also, quit making games so fucking dark.  Of the last 5 PS3 titles I have played, only one of them was playable for me without cranking the gamma up all the way, and more than one of them required me to turn the gamma all the way up AND adjust my television's brightness.  Making your game really dark does not add atmosphere to the game, it adds frustration when I have to juggle settings to be able to see which direction I am moving.  Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is by far the worst culprit, I had to crank the brightness on the game and my TV just to have the faintest clue which character I was controlling/attacking.

I would really like to buy a new game but it's weird how no game has me "chomping at the bits" to buy them. When I was younger, I used to get oh so excited about so many games but now-a-days, I can't be pushed by any of them.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I got an e-mail from Best Buy about 18 months financing on only $250! Then I looked around at my 2 HDTV's, Blu-Ray player, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, Laptop, Desktop and iPhone and thought "I don't have that awesome thing that I want anymore!". I've never been at that point before. It's honestly kinda dissappointing.

CommonMan said:
I got an e-mail from Best Buy about 18 months financing on only $250! Then I looked around at my 2 HDTV's, Blu-Ray player, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, Laptop, Desktop and iPhone and thought "I don't have that awesome thing that I want anymore!". I've never been at that point before. It's honestly kinda dissappointing.

You could always look into your bedroom to see if you need any more new  or awesome "Toys".

Either that or you could look to your garage. You can always get a better car...

My girlfriend has been sitting in and watching me play Final Fantasy 13. I told her that it was an old game that I just felt like playing because she hates it when I blow $60 on a game. How can I keep my lie going when these damned "get your new Final Fantasy 13" commercials keep coming on? Damn it, Microsoft! Cut me some slack, here!!