By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Various Thoughts

d21lewis said:
My girlfriend has been sitting in and watching me play Final Fantasy 13. I told her that it was an old game that I just felt like playing because she hates it when I blow $60 on a game. How can I keep my lie going when these damned "get your new Final Fantasy 13" commercials keep coming on? Damn it, Microsoft! Cut me some slack, here!!

Here is a novel idea. Don't lie to your girlfriend. And if you are going to lie, make it something a little more important. You can take this from a guy who has been with his wife for between 5 and 6 long years.

Around the Network
Raistline said:
d21lewis said:
My girlfriend has been sitting in and watching me play Final Fantasy 13. I told her that it was an old game that I just felt like playing because she hates it when I blow $60 on a game. How can I keep my lie going when these damned "get your new Final Fantasy 13" commercials keep coming on? Damn it, Microsoft! Cut me some slack, here!!

Here is a novel idea. Don't lie to your girlfriend. And if you are going to lie, make it something a little more important. You can take this from a guy who has been with his wife for between 5 and 6 long years.

I've been with my girlfriend/fiance since 1998 and I lie to her every chance I get.  So, yeah.  I win.

*edit*  I even snuck and bought Metal Gear Solid on our first date (and she caught me, then!).  She knew what she was getting into......

d21lewis said:
Raistline said:
d21lewis said:

I've been with my girlfriend/fiance since 1998 and I lie to her every chance I get.  So, yeah.  I win.

*edit*  I even snuck and bought Metal Gear Solid on our first date (and she caught me, then!).  She knew what she was getting into......

Ahh, fiance, well that changes things a little bit. Lie on and lie often, when you can get away with it. ;-p

I hate how I dont have time to beat all the games I want these days. When I was younger it was good because my time between new games would be longer now my back list is huge and more awesome games keep coming out.

Games still to beat
Infamous
GOW3
FFXIII
Demon Souls
Bayonetta
No More Heroes 2
Brutal Legend
and many more

Does anyone else have a huge back list?

spenderzz said:

I just want to say that collectibles are ruining gaming for me.  I am sick and fucking tired of every single game I play having some arbitrary item, be it dossiers, audio diaries, treasures, shards, orbs, or whatever else, that I have to spend my time running around and getting if I want to get a platinum trophy.  It's the cheapest and most pathetic way I've ever heard of for a developer to add artificial length to a game without having to actually do any work or put any thought into it.  God forbid that backstory be provided in the process of actually playing the game, no, instead you have to run into every corner on every map so you can get some arbitrary bullshit that may or may not give you a bit of information.  Every time I look at a trophy list and see a collectible trophy I facepalm, because that is yet another platinum I will not be getting.  I don't know the exact number of games, but at the very least I would have gotten the plats for infamous and Uncharted if it wasn't for the necessity to run through every map looking for bullshit collectibles.  Please developers, stop being so fucking lazy.

Also, quit making games so fucking dark.  Of the last 5 PS3 titles I have played, only one of them was playable for me without cranking the gamma up all the way, and more than one of them required me to turn the gamma all the way up AND adjust my television's brightness.  Making your game really dark does not add atmosphere to the game, it adds frustration when I have to juggle settings to be able to see which direction I am moving.  Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is by far the worst culprit, I had to crank the brightness on the game and my TV just to have the faintest clue which character I was controlling/attacking.

I find this funny for several reasons:

1. You're griping about finding collectibles to get a collectibles
  2. You don't have any platinums

The wonderful thing about collectibles is that they're generally not required in any way at all.

Around the Network

Your card shows Zero platinums for you as well

cmeese47 said:
Your card shows Zero platinums for you as well

And?

I have zero platinums, too!! Yay!!

You were laughing at the other guy not having any platinums

cmeese47 said:
You were laughing at the other guy not having any platinums

Either you didn't read my post and his or you just don't have any reading comprehension.  I'll give you a chance to read them again so you can tell me you either just didn't read them or you just didn't get it.