By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you hate most about this gen?

What do you hate most about this gen?

Motion controls 20 6.08%

The Wii (& Wii Fit) 52 15.81%

Graphic whoring ( 2 pixe... 84 25.53%

The abysmal PR (including... 22 6.69%

Fanboys (of any kind) 102 31.00%

Other 49 14.89%

Total:329

I don't know what else you could hate... hopefully not the games, that would be pretty sad for you.

**or yeah there good points in the posts below... DRM, ruining of franchises, DLC.... I missed a lot, but polls are limited to a few options**

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

SONY fanboys(not fans)...

360 FANBOYS

FANBOYS IN GENERAL! lol

I hate games that get repetative,, ive seen more of those this gen then ever before...

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

DRM. I know people would abuse it, but I hate the fact that the game that I bought with my own money will only work on my console at my house. I take my HDD to my sister's house, and none of my downloaded games will work. I try to watch a movie on my friend's PSP, and it won't play. Worst of all, on rare occasions, I try to play my own game, on my own console, but I'm not logged in (or somebody else is logged in) and it won't work. It pisses me off, sometimes.

Around the Network

I went for graphic whoring, as apparently I'm supposed to be concerned if a game doesn't have 2xAA even if I have no interest in understanding what that is or what it does.

I'm sure some anorak will be along to tell me though. Just don't bother...

VGChartz

NINTENDO FANBOYS

Nah not really. The unreliability of the HD twins and the endless reshuffling of SKU's grinds my gears.

Biggest disappointment for me are 1..That both Microsoft and Sony have not changed one bit as far as useless hype are concerned. 2..The way Microsoft and Sony have constatnly said the Wii has not been a competitior then wham motion controls (hypocritical) 3..The way certain devs cannot cope with change and have looked at the Wii with a high horse that shows how linear they see games. 4..Xbox 360, it really is the worst made console ever for looks and reliability. Any sane theater enthusiast would keep the 360 in a different house ;)

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

My lack of income.

Seriously, I can't get all the games I want. :\

Pixel Art can be fun.

I would say elitism.