By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will this be the X360's Peak Year?

Will this be the X360's Peak Year?

Yes 57 43.85%

No 73 56.15%

Total:130

Depends if natal can really boosts hardware sales.
Doubt that halo reach will boost hardware sales since everyone who wants to play
Halo already owns a Xbox 360. Natal is the only thing that can attract newcomers.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Around the Network

Natal isn't going to do anything.  What's going to really sell 360 this year is it's core lineup, slim relaunch, and aggressive pricedrops.  

im not trying to start a fight its 100% truth i dont use it anymore and it sits under my ps3 .

360 only has a small handful of games left in its arsenal plus natal which will be party games

on the other hand sony has a huge catalog full of exclusives for this year plus a motion controller that appeals to hardcore and casual crowds who do you think people will choose.

flowjo said:
who do you think people will choose.

Wii.  Just like every year.

Wii's also got the best lineup of "hardcore" exclusives this year coincidentally.  Dunno if the herdcore will put down their aim assisted fps and boring collect'em up racers long enough to notice, but this is really the first year no one can complain about core oriented content or Nintendo's commitment to gamers.

flowjo said:
im not trying to start a fight its 100% truth i dont use it anymore and it sits under my ps3 .

360 only has a small handful of games left in its arsenal plus natal which will be party games

on the other hand sony has a huge catalog full of exclusives for this year plus a motion controller that appeals to hardcore and casual crowds who do you think people will choose.

thats great. this thread isn't about your personal experience with the X360 and your poor purchasing decisions.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

If Natal takes off, and they get a Slim + Price Cut then I foresee this being their biggest year, for sure. Games wise it definitely will be.

Games wise, this is a great year for the xbox 360. Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell, Halo Reach, Alan Wake, Ninety nine knights, Fable 3, Perfect dark xbla, etc. I am betting on a Gears 3 announcement as well.

Still, the Wii has won this generation going away. The big N is finally putting together a good selection for Core gamers as well. The Wii machine will roll on.

I'd say it's already peaked, sales will continue going down. Hard to say whether Natal will do anything, still to early to tell, so far from what I've seen it's not looking good. It's really unheard of that a console peaks in it's 5th year.

Anything could happen.

I don't believe it will re-peak this year, but it should still sell around about 2009's figures.

Yeah it will if Natal is a success.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB