By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will this be the X360's Peak Year?

Will this be the X360's Peak Year?

Yes 57 43.85%

No 73 56.15%

Total:130

I say yes cuz the 360 is awesome but I say no because EVERY year is a good year ;) haha

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network

Personally I think all of the consoles already peaked. Any further price cuts or model changes will just slow the decline.

The PS1 peaked in its 5th fiscal year. The PS2 peaked in its 4th fiscal year. The original XBox peaked in its 4th fiscal year.

Just because a console has peaked doesn't mean it will stop selling. I still expect great sales for the next few years. But I don't expect any of the consoles to top their previous years anymore.

There is a table showing the sales here:

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3035

As of right now 2008 WAS its "peak year" since in 2009 it sold less WW, meaning the trend is to go DOWN not UP....

kowenicki said:
People look at the numbers for 2010 for the 360 and say well its down on 2009 so it must have peaked....

BUT

It was 2008 that was the 360's best year thus far and yet the 360 is tracking 500k higher than it was at this time in 2008, chuck in Natal, a new halo and a possible Slim and you get a record year imo.

2008 to March 8th 1,281,866
2010 to March 6th 1,745,587

Quite possible its a year where they lay a lot of cards on the table.

• New console design.
  • New interface
  • Console 'relaunch?' whatever that means.
  • Halo
  • Fable
  • Possibility of movement on price.
  • Increase in advertisement for exclusives ( I think they mentioned this)

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

X360 peaked in sales in 2008. 2010 sales will sell close to the 2009 sales tally. Just have to see how the year unfolds. PS3 peaked in 2009. Third year is the peak year sales for consoles. The Wii peaked in its second year with 24 million consoles sales in 2008.

Around the Network

This year is the re-peak year.

360 has nothing on ps3 since the past 2 years , my 360 is collecting so much dust lol well not true it sits under my ps3 never being used to tell you the truth for me it was a large waste of money seeing how i can play pretty much everything on my pc, lookng forward to alan wake thats it .....

flowjo said:
360 has nothing on ps3 since the past 2 years , my 360 is collecting so much dust lol well not true it sits under my ps3 never being used to tell you the truth for me it was a large waste of money seeing how i can play pretty much everything on my pc, lookng forward to alan wake thats it .....

My PS3 is collecting dust too. But thats because I don't clean it. Anyway whats your point? You're just trying to cause trouble.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Probably this year. Which is pretty incredible considering most consoles 3rd year is their peak.

it was getting out of halo3 sales and GT4, i dont see more than unless their motion controls make em sell wii numbers with sequel to previous games.