By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Question for Wii owners

How much did you spend when you first bought a Wii?  I am asking because though the Wii seems cheap at $250 my cousin and some friends have spent over $400 when they first bought it.  They both got 4 controls along with 2 classic controls and 3-4 games on average.  The reason I ask this is because the Wii keeps selling the less likely you are to afford a 360/PS3.  Is not as bad for the 360 since it already has 8+ million sold in the usa but man is it hurting the PS3 in my opinion.  Basically even with cheaper price point and more software on the PS3 the Wii "effect"  still hurting the PS3 and keeping it from taking off like it should.  Of course all this analysis is based off the USA sales. 

Around the Network

I spent $250 when I got the Wii, because the gamestop I was at had no extra controls or Wii play or Zelda in stock.

I then went to Walmart and was able to get Wii Play, nunchuk and Zelda.

So $250 + $50 + $50 + $20 = $370.

so I got 3 games and and 2 controllers for less than a 360 premium with no games and one controller. CHEAP I say!!!

Oh and I spent $20 on VC content that night...so $390. Still $9 cheaper than the premium back then. February.

I played a ton after launch...but the first Wii I bought for myself cost me $40.

I did the Gamefly referral program and got a free Wii...it only cost me $40 because I paid a couple of my friends to join Gamefly so I could get it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

$450... for the console alone...

i payed 250$

Around the Network
fazz said:
$450... for the console alone...

wow thats alot

When I first got my Wii, I got it with just trauma center.  I ended up getting an extra wiimote and nunchuck within a week, and also Excite Truck and Monkey Ball in pretty short order.  I bought it the week after launch for retail. 

I've been waiting for the MS to truly address the 360 reliability issue, or improve their support for the issue. Even this weekend, people still reported getting broken units back from Microsoft.

In lieu of getting a 360, I now own a huge pile of Wii games (I don't even know how many -- I purchased 4 in the last 7 days) and just picked up a DS-lite yesterday. I won't be getting a 360 anytime soon now, since I have more games than I know what to do with, but I will probably be reevaluating whether to get a 360 or a PS3 at some point next spring.

Other than the console though, I've spent about $300 in games and controllers...my sister has bought a controller and game as well...plus I use Gamefly and also borrow games from friends.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

First buy? 250€ for Console + Wii Play.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Wii Console x 1 = $250
Wii Remote x 2 = $80
Wii Nunchuck x1 = $20
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess = $50
Rayman Raving Rabbids = $50

Total = $450